Thursday, July 30, 2009

Now I Remember

After over a month at home, the girls and I are back out on the road!

It's been a slow week. Which is bad for the pocketbook but good to help us ease back into our truck family groove.

We started out bright and early (but not too early as Starbucks is not open before six) only to be put on hold because there was something wrong with the truck. Whenever something like this happens we try to make the most of it so we headed to the park for awhile so the kiddos could play (and I could drink my coffee.)

Fast forward a few hours....

Our first load was delivering seed bins about two hours from home. Once we finished that we were told to head home because there wasn't a run for us to do. Had we not had issues in the morning we would have had a load.

Stupid truck. :)

Tuesday Josh went and loaded pipe, unloaded it and then reloaded hay. He picked us up and we headed 250+ miles to Lynden, WA. It's a couple hop, skips and jumps from Canada.

Unloaded hay.

Reloaded lumber (you know much I LOVE lumberyards!) and headed east to Idaho. We got sidetracked by a lake and pulled the truck into a state park. It's been crazy hot in WA so the water was wonderful! Spice has zero fear of the water (you know I want to throw a morbid joke in here, right?)

After dinner in the truck....


We drove about 450 miles yesterday.

Josh and I were up at five this morning, we saw the sun rise and I was reminded that just a few hours before I'd see the sun SET. Why be up so early?!

Unloaded the lumber by 7:30 am and headed toward a small bit o' Heaven. (Starbucks)

We took a walk...








And then headed to the park in Coeur d' Alene. You might recognize this park from one of our first trips out when Sugar stripped her clothes. This time her parents kept an eye on her skivvies. :)






Bath time!


And then a little relaxing...




And in case you're wondering how we do laundry on the road....



As I type we're being dispatched to St. Maries, ID heading to Jerome, ID.

We're enjoying being together. And you won't believe what I'm about to say...

You may want to sit down for it...

I'm GLAD to be in the truck!

-- Post From My iPhone

5 comments:

javamamma said...

See, you just needed a little break! Have a fun run!

TAMI said...

Good to see your updates! I was surprised to see how "much" room you have in the truck in that one "after dinner" photo -- it looks big enough to stretch out in!

Growin' With It said...

oh my word sarah...i don't know if i'm laughing harder at the laundry or sugar sprawled out in the sand! loved the pix.

denise said...

Loving the laundry pic. At least you don't have to FAPA those clothes.

Melissa said...

So glad the tattoo shirt is still in the mix! Love you!