Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bloggy Birthday (girl) Winner

Every time I've picked a winner for the Bloggy Birthday Giveway it's been through random.org, oh and then there was the one time that I wrote all the names on paper and Josh picked one. (I won't mention here that the winner never got back to me so I just gave that gift to my SIL)

ahem.

All that to say, I've never just picked a winner. Random.org has done it or my husband drew a name.

This time I'm changin' it up!

In my recent giveaway post I asked that you tell me what your favorite gift or part of Christmas 2009 was. All of your answers were wonderful. Christmas was pretty special this year, huh?

But the one that got me was this:

"My favorite gift...hmmm...
I did receive a lot of very nice gifts for Christmas and I do love each and every one of them...
then there is spending time with my family on Christmas morning...watching my boys faces light up each time they opened a gift...
I think my greatest gift was watching my dad this Christmas season...see this is his first Christmas as a Christian...his first year of opening the gift of Jesus...what a blessing for him and me :)"


Kristie, I love that your dad has Jesus in his life. I love that you got to share his first CHRISTmas with him. So awesome. And...I also love that your birthday is tomorrow.

And because I love you and birthdays and giving presents, I pick YOU my friend for the winner!

I'll ship your goods tomorrow even though it won't be warm enough to wear flip flops to the post office. Because that's just how much I love ya.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, my little Cupcake!

7 comments:

Kristie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are awesome!! THANK YOU!!!

Love you!! and not just cause ya picked me:)

Lindsay said...

Hooray for Kristie! Well deserved ... and I love that her dad's faith was the BEST gift :)

Leanne said...

Yay for Kristie....So glad she won!

Her comment was really neat.

Giveaways are fun!

And no, I am not in first grade, even though my comment sounds suspiciously like a first grader.

Growin' With It said...

seriously..i missed it?! GRRR. guess i should read more carefully on my google reader and get my butt over here faster!

i loved hearing her comment about her dad. what a beautiful christmas for them!

Maria said...

That really was a great comment....she deserves it!
Thanks for doing this Sarah..it's fun.

Never "Society" Norm said...

There is no better gift than that! =) Very awesome! Congrats Kristie. =)

TAMI said...

Congrats to Kristie!