Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Bullet-Point(less) Post

  • It's 72 degrees in my house, yet I'm freezing.
  • Josh and I were in Costco on Sunday and past the section with the fancy shmancy razors. He asked if I wanted one and I informed him I don't shave often enough to feel right about spending $30 on a razor. "I know. Maybe then you would."
  • I bought a pair of jeans at TJ Maxx the other night and decided that a bottle of anti-depressants should have been free with purchase.
  • I've been encouraged about my husband's job lately. I had a rough couple of weeks where I just wasn't dealing well with him being gone. I don't know what happened but I'm doing better.
  • The living room and girls' room has been rearranged today. If you know me at all you aren't the least bit surprised by this.
  • Sugar saw a picture of my dad the other day and asked who he was. Broke my heart into a million pieces.
  • I feel the Lord is telling me to do something and I'd very much like to ignore it.
  • The only sugar I had yesterday was in the two Tbsp. of creamer I put in my coffee. I don't think it's any coincidence that I felt amazing all day and woke up at 5 am energetic and ready for the day. Maybe I should keep that up, huh?
  • I'm going to a baby shower on Saturday. I love babies. And I love the girl who's having a baby.
  • My mom is moving nearer to us and I'm quite excited! It'll be nice to have her over for dinner more and to hang out and have someone be close to watch my girls if I need.
  • Whether it's been 3 am or 5 am I've been getting up with my husband to make his breakfast, lunch and sometimes his dinners. When that alarm goes off I want to smash it but I've been reminding myself to love Josh more than I love me. Why is it so hard?
  • For four and a half years we've been driving 90 miles round trip on Sundays for church. I really wish there were a Calvary Chapel in our town.
  • I have a hot date with my SIL Treena on Feb. 5th. I'm stoked.
  • I exercised the other day. Well, I exercised self-control the other day. I drove past Starbucks, waved, blew her a kiss and didn't stop. (you didn't really think I'd exercise, did you?)
  • Our kitchen remodel is going to be fabulous. We keep coming up with more and more ideas that we love. Should be complete just in time for Jesus' return.
  • After I get Josh's paycheck tomorrow and pay bills and fill my van with gas, we'll have $29 until next payday. Woooo-eeeee!
  • I'm planning my birthday. It's 4.5 months away and I already have the day planned out. We (me, myself and I) are going to have a fabulous time!

7 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

I love the randomness! LOL And how you can fit a years worth of thoughts into one page! That is why I love you so much! =D

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the laughs!

TAMI said...

What a dynamic list!!

I'm challenged by your reminder "to love Josh more than I love me."

Leanne said...

I wish I knew you in real life.

Maybe you wouldn't want to know me!

I'm also challenged by your reminder to love your husband more than you love yourself.

I will pray for you to have an open heart for what you think God is telling you to do.

denise said...

I'm so impressed that you're getting up that early to serve your husband. Way to go, you!

Maybe you'll inspire me. Maybe.

Christine said...

Well, you know how I feel about the random list. Love them.

I was just saying to my husband last night that I hope to finally patch the holes in the wall behind the fridge (yes, I know. Laugh if you want) and put down the floor boards when he goes camping tomorrow. Our kitchen remodel began exactly a year ago next week. I would like to show Jesus my kitchen when he comes back. And, I would like for it to be done.

Growin' With It said...

your randomness always makes me smile!