There are still a couple hours left of this day.
Happy Valentine's Day.
This isn't a holiday I care too much about. Don't get me wrong, I used to. I used to think it was all about flowers and gifts and the perfect card and going out to dinner.
Then I realized that that put way too much pressure on my husband.
I think I realized the pressure that is put on men when I worked at a flower shop during Valentine's Day. There were men scrambling at the last minute, panicked that they hadn't gotten there in time to order flowers. Freaking out because, "now what were they going to do?"
I've seen on many Valentine's Days the disappointment my husband has in himself when he realizes the day is here and he's forgotten. I always get him at least a card and usually a small gift. It ends up just making him feel bad.
I went to Target twice this week, the first time passing the Valentine section and resolving that I would not buy him a card, just in case he didn't get me one, so as not to make him feel bad. But the second trip I couldn't pass up the card section. I wanted to get him a little card. And I did. Nothing fancy shmancy, just a card with candy hearts on it. Inside telling him I love him with my whole heart.
Much to my surprise Josh bought me a gift this year! He's so cute. And sweet. And thoughtful.
This morning he handed me the sweetest bag, made of plastic with blue lettering.
"Wal*Mart" and inside....
A razor.
It's no secret that these legs of mine rarely see a razor. Shaving my legs takes time (they're big legs!) time that I just don't have to spare in the shower. I also don't like shaving my legs because my razor sucks.
Josh was thoughtful enough to get me a nice razor and shave gel!
Now if I could just find the time to use 'em.
3 comments:
Sweet story. And funny.
I totally agree about Valentine's Day. This year, my husband and I just gave each other meaningful little cards. It was perfect.
he's a keeper that one!
Totally agree about Valentines Day. =) We usually don't do too much but we do enjoy exchanging of cards. I just love finding those perfect cards that express my feelings about him. ;D
Post a Comment