Often it's his idea to put the wild in hair.
Wait. What?
Nevermind.
Last year over Memorial Weekend he took our big speakers (like 70's big) and put them out on our deck to blast the radio on our deck. We (as in my mom, sisters and myself) stood on our picnic table and sang a little Queen at the top of our lungs.
Good times.
Almost three weeks ago my mom and Megan were coming over for the evening to eat (duh) and watch Leap Year (good flick).
It was a beautiful evening. So, Josh decides we'll watch the movie outside on our deck by the fire. He brought out the tv, dvd player and our 70's speakers. Of course it wouldn't be complete without the bench seat from the Chevy pick up or the driver's seat of a Peterbilt.

We roll Redneck.
Or is it White Trash?
Of course we had to wait until it was dark to start the movie, so there was a little bit of singing. And, maybe just a little bit of ridiculousness thrown in there too.
It's what we do best.
I wish I could remember what song they were singing. I just remember them looking for the nearest "microphone."

Since we had seats from two different types of rigs (Chevy and Peterbilt) why not pull out a steering wheel from a couple of other rigs? I mean really, why not?
First we went this way...
And then we went that way...

Then Mom got to drive. For a minute. We couldn't let her drive for too long seein' how she had a beer by her leg.
I took my turn behind the wheel. A different wheel I might add.

Apparently we witnessed a horrific accident.
It was almost time for the movie. But not before a little see no evil/hear no evil...

I'm not entirely sure what that last picture is. I just know my stomach hurt from all the laughter and I was ready to just sit back and watch the movie.
It was one of those nights where I was loving every minute of my life.
Crazy and all.
3 comments:
I think the song Meg and I were singing was "I'm pretty good at drinkin' beer." You 'member, Josh's favorite song. Now that would I believe count as red-neck and white trash rolled into one. Another example would be eating cheetos while naked and watching the t.v. We all know how that ended. Most of us anyway(s). I have my best times out on that deck with the fireplace and my girls and my favorite boy. By the way I'm pretty good at drinkin'
beer. Thank you Sarah and Josh for the summer fun and thanks Meg for driving! lol "Nola"
Awesome!
'Tis neither redneck or white trash. Looks like plain fun to me!
Again, we live too far apart. :(
Looks like a blast! Good times, good times. Treena
Post a Comment