Monday, November 15, 2010

Beautiful weekend

Amazing weekend.

Friday morning my friend Candee and I jetted out of town (and state!) and headed to our friend Melissa's for the weekend.

After a few twists and turns and yelling at Candee's iPhone, we made it to Melissa's.  Nevermind the fact that I have been to Melissa's THREE times and still can't find her house without directions.

We show up, sit at her dining table with cheese, crackers, delicious calzones and the next thing I know we've been sitting there for three hours.

Friends.

Getting caught up on each other's lives and hearts and everyday activities.  Re-living memories.

And making new.

The result of a weekend with best friends, food and no sleep?

My underwear and yoga pants are now too tight.

I am sleep deprived and have dark circles under my eyes.

My heart is full and overflowing. 

It's been decided that this needs to happen every three or four months. 

Laughter and heart friends are the very best medicine for weary souls.

Thank you, girls, for a weekend I will never forget.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Awww..... That sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you got to have this time together.
Live love laugh :)
Maria

Melissa said...

It was a blessing! Thank you for coming!

denise said...

What a blessing! There's just something amazing about those kinds of long-lasting friendships.

I hope you get to do it again soon!

B.D.Riehl said...

Sounds so fun! I'm a bit...jealous;)
Seriously food, friends, fun, laughter, no sleep...nothing better. So glad you got to do all these!