Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful some more

I'm a blessed girl.  Blessed beyond measure really.

A few more things I'm thankful:

My husband.
He goes to work each day without complaint.  When he gets home from work he kisses me.  He picks our girls up and loves on them too.

My girls.
They make me a widdle bit cwazy now and again but they are a joy.  JOY.

Making new friends.
Dude.  It's so flippin' outta my comfort zone to talk to other girls.  Like, so out of my comfort zone.  But it's been good for me.  Just today the girls and I were invited into the home of a girl I just recently met, with a few other mamas and plenty of kiddos to do some Thanksgiving-y crafts.  It was great.  Great!

Kitty footprints in the snow.
I have the world's best cats.  No kitty litter, no cats on counters or tables.  They're fabulous.  Except for the 5 am Clifford alarm.  He likes to go outside before I'm ready to be awake.

My home.
Heater is currently cranked to 73 and I'm lovin' it.

Our rigs.
The clunker '85 Suburban that makes me feel safe and the Dodge van with the heated leather seats.  Hmm...wonder if I could get my husband to put my van seats into the clunker so I can feel safe and warm!

Coffee.
'nuf said there.

Blue Moon with an orange.
A nice drink at the end of the day.  Best shared with friends but heck, I'll drink alone! 

Books.
While teaching Sugar to read, I realize how I take for granted being able to do so.  I love to read.  I love books.  I love the way they feel in my hands.  I love hardback books.  I love the smell of the pages.

Homeschool.
Teaching/learning in our pjs if we please.  On the couch, at the kitchen table, snuggled in bed, in the car...it's just nice.  Except for when it isn't, but whatev.

Coupons.
I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and it'll be faster than what I've made it out to be.  But I'm pretty stoked that I got 3 boxes of Kellogg's fiber cereal, 2 bags of Hershey's kisses, 2 sticks of deodorant and some Motrin all for $5.99!  It might take a little bit of time but totally worth it to me.

Every day.
Thankful to be healthy.  Breathing.  And able to love on my husband and girls each day.

3 comments:

denise said...

I love your thankful post. It gets me thinking about the zillion or so things I have to be thankful for. And at the top of that list this week is Thanksgiving dinner with my family! (I'm starting on stuff today.)

HolyMama! said...

i had NO idea coupons could do that... whaaa? all of that...? (puzzled and impressed.)

Arla said...

I'm so grateful for you.