Sunday, February 06, 2011

{distracted}

And again with the random.

I still haven't read any blog posts.  I've barely been writing on my own.

I had one of the craziest weeks last week.  My only relaxing time was when I was on the treadmill or at the gym.  And I didn't get to the gym nearly as much as I would have liked.

My sister moved and before she did so, asked if I would paint the inside of her house.  It's not necessarily that I'm a great painter, it's that I've had a lot of practice and she's pregnant and wants to use that as an excuse. :)  And she works full time.

So, I spent 10 hours painting at her house one day.  The next day we moved her and in the process of moving her we decided to rip up the carpet and padding in her dining room.  Then Josh started working on putting a new floor in her dining room.  It was a long weekend.  Good but long.

School with Sugar is going a little better.  I picked up a new book for her to work on letter writing.  I also picked up a pencil grip that she seems to really like.  We've really been working on the girls helping in every area possible.  Dishes get done much slower because I now have two helpers to load and unload.  I know that one day it will go much faster because of them.  Trying to remind myself of this as it takes 30 minutes to unload the dishwasher, when it could take 7.

Sugar informed me that she's almost six.  This is true.  She has a few months but yes, she's almost six.  I wanted to stop her in her tracks.  "Wait, five is good.  Stay there.  Enjoy five.  Because once five is gone you can't get it back."

Five is one of the last years I remember being stress free as a child.  Five meant my first school and my first friend.  Five meant I only had one sister to compete with for my mom's attention.  Five was good.

Six was different.

I know I can't stop my girls from getting older.  It's going to happen.  I just hope that they enjoy every age.  That they look back and have fond memories of all years of their little lives.

I'm currently trying to read three books at a time.  I know some people can pull this off but I'm not that great at it.

I've found myself daydreaming of Summer like crazy.  Today I wore flip flops.  For about 45 minutes.  Then we were leaving to go for a walk and when I put on a scarf I realized it'd look funny if I was wearing my flips with my scarf.  So, I put on socks and tennies.  Warm weather just can't get here soon enough.

I'm down five pounds.  I should be thrilled and I mostly am.  Especially since just five pounds means that D has now become C.  (and I just lost my male reader(s), whoops)  This makes me a happy girl.  I'd prefer none at all but that's because of the baggage that I've carried around since...well, since I've carried these bad girls around.  I've considered duct taping them or girdling them.  Anything for them to go away.  A lot of my weight gain went there so I'm glad that when I reach my goal I should be at about a B+.

Aren't you thrilled I shared this with you?  You're welcome.

I went grocery shopping on Friday morning.  I saved $102 and spent $115.  I was a happy chick.  My fridge is happy too.  She isn't lonely anymore.

We watched the Super Bowl today with a friend of mine from high school and his family.  I was rooting for the Packers, and I was alone in my principles.  I was glad I won.  Or, I was glad the Packers won.  Mostly I just didn't want the SteAlers to win, it's not that I'm necessarily a Green Bay fan.

I have dirty dishes in the sink and there's nothin' like starting off Monday with dirty dishes in the sink.

$50 to the first person who shows up at my house to do my dishes in the morning.  Okay, $10.

I have not registered for the St. Patrick's Day Dash yet.  I'm skerd.  I just need to register.  I just need to.  Can someone bug me about it this week, please?

Looking forward to Valentine's Day and the reservations at Barrel House Cafe and Wine Bar with my mom.  My sister may join us too.  If you're there and it's loud and three woman are asked to leave, that'd be us.  It's never quiet when the three of us are together.

I have a bunch of laundry to do tomorrow.  Bunches.  I'll make dinner for the person who shows up tomorrow to FAPA (fold and put away) my laundry.  I rock at putting it in the washing machine and dryer.  It's the FAPA I suck at.

Okay, enough rambling.  It's time for me to sleep.

2 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

AWESOME YOU! 5 pounds is AMAZING weightloss for only a week! : ) And I am so happy to hear that your homeschooling experience is getting better too! After watching our home videos last night and how fast time is going, I have ZERO regrets about having my kids home with me for our school experience. NO regrets!!!
Luvs and best wishes for you this week!

Charissa said...

Nice post =)