Monday, February 07, 2011

Firsts in list format

They aren't in any particular order.  They are completely random.  I am completely random.

Surgery:  Appendectomy.  I was 26.

Kiss:  I was 12, his name was Rusty.  We're both 30 now and he goes by Russ these days.

Alcoholic beverage:  I think I was 2.  Thanks, Dad. 

Pen Pal:  4th grade. I think she was Australian.

Male teacher:  5th grade, Mr. Miller.  He had long hair and was the first person I knew who had adopted children.  I loved him.

Car Accident:  I was 17. And in the passenger seat.  I'll never look at Mt. Rainier the same.  Thanks, Ken!  ;)

Black Eye:  I think I was 23.  Thanks, Dale!  (what is it with my husband's friends trying to kill me and beat me up??)

Friend:  A boy named Peter.  I know there were other kids in my kindergarten class but he's the only one I remember.

Time crossing Nob Hill in undergarments only:  23.  (it was also the last time)

Pregnancy:  I was 24.  And had been told 5 years before that I wouldn't be able to have kids.  Silly doctor. (actually quacky doctor is more like it.)

Husband (um, and last!):  I was 18, he was 20.  His name is Josh and I don't deserve him.  And he doesn't deserve the crap I've put him through over these last 14 years together.

Bra:  I was nine.  No nine year old should need a bra.  But I did.  Stupid genetics anyway.

Blog: It was this one but was first titled: Organized Chaos.  That was 4.5 years ago.  I think now it's just Chaos Chaos.  There's no organization about it.

Car:  A brown 1982 Honda Civic Josh bought it for me a couple of months after we were married.  Good times in that car.  Right, Denise?  :)

Broken Heart:  I was 15.  His name was Trevor.  Is Trevor.  The break up was my fault of course.  (and Melissa's too!)  We spent Super Bowl Sunday with him and his family yesterday.  It's funny to be around his mom after all these years.  She can't call my mom or send me home or scare me anymore.  :)

Experience with Death (the lovely stuff):  I was 19.  He was 40.  He drown in the Yakima River.  This summer was the first time I got on the water and just let myself enjoy.

Best Friend as an adult:  Amber.  Oh, Amber.  Life just isn't complete without 'er.

Plane ride:  I think I was 6.  I went to Arizona to visit my aunt.  (what was my mother thinking??!!)

Peanut butter and chocolate experience:  I was 4.  I want to be 4 again.

Speeding Ticket:  I was 19, it was our first anniversary and I do believe we were arguing in the car.  I was going 43 in a 35 zone in Mabton.  Of all places to get a ticket.

Okay, that's all the firsts I can think of at the moment. 

2 comments:

Elsa said...

One of your husband's friends gave you a black eye?? I think some more explanation is in order! (Because it doesn't sound good!)

Fun list!

denise said...

Kenji. Good times, good times.

Oh, dear Sarah's blog, I've missed you.