Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am currently writing this post with toothpaste on my face

In hopes that my zits will be gone soon.

It's that fabulous week of the month where zits decide to raid my face.  I'm not a fan.  I've actually felt like I've had them under control but with all the running, exercising and sweating, it seems they've decided to take over my life.

And my face.

Stupid high school skin.

I'm nearly 13 years post high school and yet I still have zits.  My mom is 33 years post high school and still has 'em so I'm thinking my future of zit-free-ness is not gonna happen.



I did it.

Today I registered myself for my first 5K.  Well, it's not actually my first.  I did one up in Bickleton in '95 but I was 15 and used to running 5 miles or so daily.  This is my first 5K since allowing an extra 20+ lbs be added to my 5'2" frame.

I got on the treadmill early this morning.  I kicked up the incline and the speed and went to town.  After 3 miles I felt like I could have gone more but decided to be done for the day.  I felt great.  I showered.  My husband left with the girls on a bike ride and I decided it was time to sign myself up.

I have a month to get ready.

There's a St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle that I considered but found one much closer to home and quite a bit cheaper.  And shorter.  :)  So, I'll run 3.1 miles on March 12th at 10 am.  I'm now in search of green striped tights to go with the green t-shirt I bought at Target today.  I want to be completely decked out in awesome green apparel.  If you can't finish first at least look amazing finishing last, right?

That's going to be my motto.

After all, someone's gotta be last.

I bought a pair of jeans yesterday.  They are short.  Labeled "short" even, and yet they are a little too long.  It's official.  I'm a midget. 

For dinner tonight I ate goat cheese, Wheat Thins and a glass (or two) of Merlot.  Yum.  I could have eaten more.  I could have had more to drink.  But if I'm going to get on the treadmill again tonight I best keep myself a leetle sober.

Last night both girls ended up in bed with us.

BOTH GIRLS.

sigh.

I didn't sleep well.  I think I might duct tape them to their beds tonight.  And down a couple more glasses of wine before I go to sleep.

I want some restful sleep.

I have a busy week ahead.

And my zits need some rest too.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

hhmmm. . . just FYI, Lived with zits forever. I mean 4EVAH!! On my face, on my back, on my chest, on my bohunkus. Everywhere. Hated it. Tried every zit cream or home remedy you can think of.

Then, decided to go preservative free (mostly to avoid MSG, but also to avoid the other stuff) to see if it would help my son's autism behaviors (it did). But, in the meantime, lost 15 pounds and my face is oh-so-clear. If I slip up and eat something I shouldn't, it shows immediately on my face.

Sigh. I love to eat crap, too. Dang it. If you need a starter "how to", email me. It works, girl scouts honor.

email= godismyabba @ rocketmail .com

Melissa said...

Oh, ya. I am 37 this year, so it wasn't that I "grew out of it".