Parenting is hard.
'Specially when you have 50 bajillion people watching you do it.
As soon as anyone knows you're expecting you get unsolicited advice. Then, after the kid is born that unsolicited advice doesn't stop.
I've mentioned before I had a family member inform me that I wasn't doing as good of a job raising my kids as she did raising hers and I'm sure there are many others who feel that way but just haven't had the balls to say it.
{sorry, i just said balls.}
I don't always make the best decisions where my girls are involved. But I try. I really do.
The Friday after Spice's birthday I took her in for a Well Child appointment. She's a tiny little bug. 5th percentile for her weight (must get that from me) and 15th percentile for height (gets that from her daddy.)
She can hop on one leg for two seconds. Her eyes look good. Her ears look good. Her throat, too.
Her heart, though?
Well, the doctor found that Spice has a heart murmur.
She said that it may just be an innocent heart murmur. One that won't ever cause any problems. But she said that it may not just be an innocent heart murmur and that we wouldn't know unless we had it checked out.
She recommended I make an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist as soon as possible.
Our appointment is tomorrow.
Plenty of people have said we shouldn't bother.
Others have said nothing.
And a couple have agreed with me that it's better safe than sorry.
I'm willing to fork out the money for them to tell me there's nothing wrong with her. I am.
But in case there is something wrong, will you please pray for my bitty girl?
7 comments:
Praying for her!
Yep. I know the feeling of potentially having to eat your heart ("Heart in your throat"), I hate it. Momma's hearts are fragile when it comes to our kids.
Dietrich had to do that as well, I think he was about 6 months old. The worst part was being in the children's hospital where all I could think about was that some children and parents have to be here all the time, and that is so sad. Turns out everything was fine, however I was so stressed I could not remember where I parked afterward. So um...try to remember that. I hope all turns out just fine!
I am praying for her. I hope that everything turns out just fine.
I am praying, Sarah! Keep us updated!
Praying for you!!!
Praying, girl. I know exactly how you feel - read my latest post. :)
Post a Comment