Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Expensive {but worth it!} Dog Bed

About five years ago I bought a down comforter and duvet cover from Overstock.  The two items cost $300.  It was pretty and it was cozy.  But it was too warm.

But every winter I still pull it out thinking that this will be the year we can stand to have it on our bed.  This winter was no different.  I pulled it out, we used it for three nights and the sweating was just too much.

So I threw it on the floor, thinking I'd take it to its bin downstairs at another time.

Remember when I vlogged about Ace sleeping in our bed and getting up in the night more often than a newborn?

Well.  He no longer sleeps in our bed.  Or gets up to pee in the night.  It's fantastic and I feel refreshed in the morning.  I no longer want to send him to "the farm" the way I once did.

No more Beagle paws stretching out on me in the night.  Or whimpers to go out.

Because Ace, he loves that down comforter.  It's his BFF.  He snuggles up in it and we don't hear from him all night.

It may seem ridiculous to let a dog sleep on a $300 bed but for a full night of sleep without dog breath in my face or his paws in my back or getting up three times a night to let him out, it's worth every penny.

Oh yes it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Our dogs have our old comforters in their crate (we crate them when we're not home). I have an old down comforter that we're not using...hmmm...maybe I need to give it to them because those jokers can HOG a king size bed.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hmmm...wonder if it would work at my house for our two tiny, yet huge bed hogs, Yorkies?? Maybe I'll do some diggin' and see if I can find one they'd like better than our bed.

denise said...

You just can't put a price tag on sleep!