Thursday, April 26, 2012

the post where i could be snarky but choose not to be

I am feeling so snarky right now.  Which is my way of self-preservation.

I don't even know where to begin and since it probably wouldn't be pretty, I'm going to choose NOT to begin. I'll keep my snark to myself.

Others should follow suit.

It's raining and fabulous.  I opened up a window in my bedroom last night and fell asleep to the sound of rain.  And woke up the very same way.

It's like the rain gets me.  Knows when I need the refreshment.  The soothing.

My hair is hi-lighted and that makes me happy.  I did some painting for my in-laws on Saturday and thought I had gotten paint in my hair.  Nope.  It was just grey hair.  But it's covered now.

Btw:  I prefer "grey" to "gray" in case you were wondering.  And in case you weren't.

I rode my bike to the salon yesterday.

I've put 80 miles on my bike since Saturday and have lost three pounds as a result.  I have a pair of spandex my in-laws bought me for Christmas that are a size XS.  Working my butt off to fit into them.  I mean, I fit into them, I'd just prefer a little less muffin topness going on.

This line was typed.  Then deleted.  Realized it woulda been taken all wrong and well, I've had just about enough of that.

Sugar has a soccer game tonight.  I almost feel bad for the other teams she plays.  Sugar's soccer coach is very serious about soccer and our team wins every time.  By a lot.  Not that I keep score because you aren't supposed to keep score but we do.  We win.  And last week the opposing team's coach called the game at the half and said it was due to rain but I believe it was due to the 13-1 lead we had.  But what do I know?

Looking forward to Saturday.  Looking forward to being able to ride with Josh.  Mostly looking forward to kicking his butt.  He's so much stronger of a rider than I am but he hasn't been out to really ride in awhile so I'm hoping to stand half a chance this weekend.

Josh and I watched some home video of the girls from about three years ago.  Oh my word.  Sugar was making us laugh so hard.  She talks non-stop.  She's always happy.  She's just so her.  Then there's Spice.  Oh, Spice.  She's crying in most of the video we have of her.  She's just so her. :)  There was also video of me.  With an extra 30ish lbs.  Wow.  That was weird to see.  How did I let myself be like that for so long?  It was a miserable five years.

I'm behind on laundry.

We have a long-ish driveway and occasionally Sugar wants to have the car stopped at the bottom and run to the house.  Last night, in the rain, this is what she wanted.  I decided to run with her.  She got a bit of a head start and I never was able to catch up with her.  I'd like to blame it on my flip flops, the rain, my bad knee, and the fact that I kept having to pull up my jeans but what it boils down to is that kid has some wheels.

Okay, it's time to get my day going.  Totally patting myself on the back for keeping my snark to myself.

Happy Thursday, Friends!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Aww... I was hoping for a snarky post!

I love that Sugar wanted to run in the rain. I remember one time running in the rain from our house to the pasture fence and back. It was one of those moments where you just had to do it to feel free or something.

I think my mom realized how fast I was when I was able to out-run her. I was the fastest white girl around. ;-)

XS. Holy shit. You could totally be a "Before" and "After" motivation blog.

Sam said...

Next time don't keep it to yourself! Tell!! :-)

P.S. Hope everything's okay!

Wendy said...

XS is nothing to complain about. I don't think it's called a muffin top if it's just skin.