Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm so over surgery

I had surgery in 2007.  Twice.  Within two weeks of each other.

Then I had surgery in 2011.

And then I had surgery last week.  Last week's was just the surgery to remove my wisdom teeth but let me tell ya, it's been a doozie.  I'm kind of over going under anesthesia and the knife.

I had to have all four removed.  Only one was through about 60%.

The rest were cut and dug out.

Three have healed just fine.  One, though, has been trying to kill me.

I went to Tri-Cities on Tuesday for an appointment and was going to do my grocery shopping and run errands but it was cut short due to the pain I was in, I just couldn't focus on the tasks I needed to get done.
Then I wake up yesterday morning and was actually in tears because the pain was so intense.  Josh looked at me and said that I looked like the times I've come out my big surgeries.  Death.

I have a high tolerance to pain but this has been getting to me.  I ended up taking two of my pain meds throughout the day yesterday (none today, I'm toughing it out).  This morning I called my dentist to see if he could see me and tell me if I've messed something up in there.

Bless his heart he took the time to see me.

Thankfully, everything looks great.  I'm thinking it's the lack of "taking it easy" that the oral surgeon prescribed me.

How does a mother ever just "take it easy"? It isn't possible.  Not really.

But yesterday I basically did nothing.  Today I didn't do much either.  We've gotten school done and have managed to keep the kitchen clean.  Everything else has pretty much gone to pot.

So, you're welcome to come over, just pretty please bring dinner, some alcohol and clean my house while you're here.

No comments: