Pinterest makes everyone's lives look so glamorous. Or maybe everyone's lives, but mine, are glamorous.
I've always tried to "keep it real" here on my blog and today is no different. I thought it'd be funny to show Pinterest's version of three different life events and my version of those same events.
Number One: Engagement/Save the Date Photos {Pinterest Version}
![]() |
| Source: Pinterest |
Engagement/Save the Date Photos {My Real Life Version}
| Source: A cute little frame in my house |
Next...
Does this girl not have the cutest pregnant belly? In her size two jeans. I admit it, I'm envious. My jeans are unbuttoned too right now but that's because I ate a candy bar and two slices of pizza for lunch. With a beer.
Number Two: Maternity Pictures {Pinterest Version}
![]() |
| Source: Klicken Photos via Pinterest |
Maternity Pictures {My Real Life Version}
| Source: My scrapbook |
I'm so glad Pinterest wasn't around when I was pregnant because I would have wondered why I was the only pregnant chick with cankles, stretch marks and EEE boobs.
And finally...
Number Three: Gender Reveal Invitations/Parties {Pinterest Version}
Quite a few of my friends are pregnant right now and they are pinning some of the most fun gender reveal ideas!
![]() |
| Source: Pizzazzerie.com via Pinterest |
Out of all the ones I've seen lately, this one is probably my fave. Love the mustache and lips. So cool.
Gender Reveal Invitations/Parties {My Real Life Version}
The gender reveal parties for my girls were in the delivery room. Pretty sure not even my husband was thrilled to see those gender reveals.
You're welcome for not receiving an invite to that party.



7 comments:
Sarah, thanks for the laugh!! I love your blog, you are so creative :)
Hugs!!
Thank you for this. Gosh, Pinterest is so awesome and yes it makes me feel like a Martha Stewart failure...but it's fun to try, right?
Ok THANK YOU for that. Some days I feel a little down that my life isn't so pinteresty! (Yes, I did pin that gender reveal party idea today and yes I am thinking about it!)
That pregnancy picture (yours!) is amazing! It totally brightened up my evening! Thanks!
Oh, and please do a blog post about getting engaged at 17. Specifically, I'd like to know if you're from a region where that's typical. Like, did everyone freak out, or were they just happy for you. Clearly it worked out, so it doesn't matter either way! I'm just curious! :-)
oh my god you have balls. I love your pregnant pic. Not sure you could've paid me enough money to do that one. My boobs were so big I could fit my head in the cups.
I had to quit using pinterest. I still have my account, but I was so obsessed. So obsessed.
I am so very glad that you did not shut down your blog. I missed it and enjoy it. You can make me laugh till I pee (which isn't very hard these days).
That was a good one, I have to stop looking at pinterest sometimes because it makes me feel badly that I can't do it all. Awesome.
Love this so hard! I resisted Pinterest for a long, long time and have been sucked in recently. Great take on the whole phenomenon!
Post a Comment