This post deserves pictures. Lots of pictures. But I currently don't have any. So you get words. And it's early and I haven't had a full cup of coffee and there will probably be even more run on sentences than normal.
Josh didn't have to go to work yesterday because he has to work Saturday. We were talking about all the things we needed to get done or wanted to get done for the day and for some reason I blurted out, "I wish our deck was on the east side of the house, so I can have a front porch."
Many of you know, but some of you may not, my issues with front doors. I like to know where the door is of every place I'm going to. Houses, places of business, etc. So when we looked at this place 13 years ago, one of the biggest complaints I had was that when you pull up you don't really know where the front door is. I've seen people walk all the way around our house to the backyard and come up to the back door before.
I hate that feeling when I'm that person looking for the door.
Side note: Last week I was meeting friends for Monday Night Football, I was going to be a few minutes late and I get a text saying, "in the bar, first table on the right when you walk in."
This is a friend who gets my issues. I laughed at the text but was so thankful.
(side note was just to show how awesome my friends are and to help you understand my issues.)
Back to the door at our house.
Our front door faces east. Faces a carport. When you pull up to our house, you see the north side of it (but you're facing south) so you don't see the front door. And there's not really a porch so you just can't tell where you're supposed to go.
It drives me crazy.
Plus, no porch to decorate all cute and welcoming.
So I blurt out that I want our deck on the other side of the house and Josh grabs his tape measure and says it'll fit.
And seven hours, some ratchet straps, jack stands, a flatbed trailer, and a whole lot of head scratching later, it's moved around our house. It was dark when we finally got it to the front of the house so the neighbors didn't see it last night. Can't imagine what they're going to think in a few minutes when they head outside to leave for work and our deck is sitting in our driveway on the flatbed.
It's hilarious.
And so redneck.
I love that Josh just does.
I love that he can do anything.
I love that any idea I give him, any dream I have about our house, he makes it happen.
Yes, we have a kitchen that needs to be finished. Yes, we have two rigs in our driveway with engine issues. Yes, there's a whole lot of other stuff that could have been done yesterday.
We just chose to do something else instead. And I've found when Josh has a break from what he has to do, to do something he wants to do, it energizes him. It pumps him up for the projects he knows he needs to get done.
So the kitchen and the engines, they got pushed back a day, but he'll get to those too.
While I decorate my new front porch.
No comments:
Post a Comment