I often post to FB or Twitter the silly things my girls say, but forget to put them down in some sort of journal.
A couple of things they've said recently have cracked me up, so I want to share them here.
Last week the girls and I spent a long afternoon grocery shopping. From store to store to store. On the way home, from the backseat, Spice says, "Mama, I found a penny in my bottom. No wonder it's hurt all day."
I cracked up.
A penny. In her bottom.
Why, child? Why was there a penny in your bottom?
The kid kills me. Always.
Recently, on another trip in the car, we were talking to the girls about patience. Josh asked Spice if she knew what patience was.
"Yes. It's when you have to wait for the food."
Because with Spice, everything is about the food. Everything.
She's allergic to many foods. Many tasty foods. And apparently the child doesn't want to give up her flour tortillas because when I go to change her sheets I find partially eaten flour tortillas underneath her pillow.
Two days ago I was going to take a shower. I went in the bathroom and locked the door. I've only just recently started locking the bathroom door. Because that 7 minutes I get in the shower is the only time I'm by myself during the day. And before I started locking the door, I didn't have those seven minutes to myself. I would have one child or another, sometimes both, sitting on the toilet lid, staring at me, talking to me, asking me questions, "what are we going to do today?" or "do you know where such and such stupid toy that why would i know the answer to this question is?" It's either incessant questions or it's tattling or it's whatever. But I have learned that if I don't lock the bathroom door, there is no seven minutes of peace and quiet.
So, back to the two days ago I went to take a shower...
I lock the door. I shower. I unlock the door and Sugar comes in.
"You locked the door while you were in the shower so I had to go outside to mark my territory."
And then she turned around and walked out and I just stood there in my towel and laughed.
That kid.
I think she's part animal or boy or something. But zero parts a lady.
They are funny little beings, these people I'm raising.
2 comments:
That last one made me laugh out loud. Good for her! :-)
LOL. Your stories crack me up.
Post a Comment