Monday, December 16, 2013

don't be in such a hurry

Josh and I did all our Christmas shopping on Friday.  Like...ALL OF IT.  In one day.  It was a little bit ridiculous and I don't think I wanna do that ever, ever again.

My mom watched the girls and had stressed the entire time that we needn't hurry to get back, enjoy ourselves, blah blah blah.  I don't really work like that, I stress about everything, especially matters of time related issues.

If someone has my children, I need to hurry.

During our shopping trip I decided I wanted to go in this one clothing store I love (Vivo, if you're curious) to wander (quickly) around.  This place is so me.  All of it.  There's a dress that says, "Hey, Sarah, I know you love me.  Try me on."  And I was like, "Hey, Baby, you're right.  I do love you.  Meet you in the dressing room in 3 minutes."

So that dress and I had a date in the dressing room.

But dressing rooms freak me out because I'm so nervous I'm being watched.  I'm nervous there's someone on the other side of the mirror and they're staring at my flabby, stretch marked, cancer scarred belly and my hang to my knees saggy boobs.  I'm nervous that the cameras throughout the store are pointed toward the mirror inside the dressing room.  I'm nervous someone is going to walk in on me at any moment.

So I'm rushing.  I try the dress on and fall in love.  We make out for a minute.  And then I'm rushing to get changed and out the door.

I put on my jeans, my shoes, grab the dress and head out the door.

Without my shirt.

Because that is my life.

How does a person start to walk out of a dressing room without their shirt?  I don't know!  But I did it!

And now my fear of dressing rooms has been increased.  It may be awhile before I can step inside another.




2 comments:

Janablessed said...

This is absolutely the finniest blog EVER. I laughed at my desk SO HARD! Thank you. Thank you so much for this image. I can't stop snickering.

Sam said...

I am not even kidding--Once I got locked in a dressing room at Gap. I don't know what happened, but when it was time to come out, the door wouldn't open. I had to crawl under the door. Oh, and I was pregnant.

I told a salesperson and ended up getting a discount, so I guess there's a happy ending! :-)