Friday, March 28, 2014

A new day.

I'm so glad it's today.

Yesterday was a rough one.  Most of the day was really good, but once the girls and I got home from all the stuff we'd done all day, well, I was done.

Physically.  Emotionally.  Spiritually.

To top things off Josh didn't get home until nearly 8:00.  Any minute past 5:00 feels like an hour, especially after a tiring day.  So, at about 6:30 I told the girls I was done and I headed to bed. 


I turned on Casting Crowns Pandora station.  I tried to pray aloud, but have you ever felt so junky about yourself you couldn't even pray?  That was where I was.

Josh came home, I heated up his dinner (chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. If you're curious) and went back to bed.  He came up shortly after.  Read a magazine.  Quietly.  Then I started coughing and couldn't quit.  He gave me NyQuil, which I haven't had since childhood and OH MY WORD it's still as nasty as I remember.  It killed my cough and knocked me out and I woke up today feeling like a new person.

A happier person.


I woke up to this.

Rain.  To wash away my yesterday.

Sunrise.  New day.  New mercies.


2 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

Amen! :)

Jen's Farmily said...

Sometimes all it takes is a little grouchy-ness. And nyquil.