So, I had a root canal this morning. Joy. Really, it wasn't too bad. The worst part was the shot to numb the roof of my mouth. They pinch your nerves together to numb them, it's been 4 hours and it's still a lil achy. Is that a word? Anyway. As I was laying there, with these really cool sunglasses on, I realized my tongue had no place to go. The doctor is drilling and filing and whatever else he was doing and it hit me that my tongue was kinda outta control of itself. Then I panicked. When you realize you don't know what to do with your tongue it gets even worse.
He asks if I'm okay, "uh huh, I think." I try to say.
Then he tells me to keep my mouth real still. Well, then don't ask me questions! Then comes the mouth guard. This balloonish material thing that covers my entire mouth causing me to be able to breathe through my nose only and I thought I was suffocating. I thought to myself, "is he putting this guard on me so I'll stop licking his fingers?" 'Cause really, my mouth was so numb, I have no idea what my tongue was doing. He said it was to protect my throat from all the stuff they were going to be doing.
Uh huh, sure.
So, two hours later, root canal complete. Now I have to be fitted for a crown.
See, Mom, I really am a Princess!
1 comment:
I don't think you needed a crown foryou to be a princess. You have always been my princess, you just don't know it.
Post a Comment