I shared with you just a little while ago that I was going to try and get up at 6 am to prepare breakfast for my husband. Well, on the 5th, last Sunday, I started. It wasn't quite 6 the first couple of mornings, but by the end of the week I was waking up before the alarm. On Tuesday I realized I could also be making this a quiet time with the Lord. So, I did. Tuesday-Friday I was up at 6 and enjoying time with Jesus. Let me just tell you last week was one of the best weeks, EVER!
Then the weekend came.
I didn't get up early. I didn't spend time with Jesus. I went to church, but we're in the nursery for the month of November, so I didn't get to be in service.
On Sunday night I thought, "tomorrow I start hanging out with the Lord again." But the wind blew so hard all night and I didn't get any sleep. Next thing I know, it's 7 am. I missed my time.
I was so upset. So mad at myself.
Today, it was 7 again. Ohhh how different this week has already started out to be from last. Instead of going ahead with my devotional later in the day, I had set my mind that if I didn't do it at 6 I couldn't do it all.
Then it hit me!!! That's the enemy talking. Jesus wouldn't set a time and if I were late, He'd leave. He'd wait, patiently, for me to show up. It just dawned on me, so I had to share it. Now I need to do it!
If you're struggling with a daily time with the Lord, be easy on yourself. Take it one day at a time. Even if it's only 5-10 minutes to begin with-some is better than none. The more time you spend with Him, the more you'll want to spend with Him. I'm not a morning person, but I enjoyed last week. Enjoyed waking up while it was still dark out, turning on the lamp, snuggling with a blanket and holding the greatest Love Letter ever written. The rest of my day was great. Even if things didn't go quite right, I had joy. My husband even commented. He said he liked seeing me so happy.
Okay, well I want to go spend a few minutes with Him before Jaylee wakes up. Tomorrow I'm getting up at 6!
Lord bless and keep you.
2 comments:
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! He will meet with you anywhere, anytime! He desires our fellowship as much as we desire His! You are so right that ever moment that we have with Him is meaningful!
That is cool Sarah. It inspired me. It has been on my heart to spend more time with Him. I need to start going to bed earlier so I can get up before the kids and spend time with Him.
Post a Comment