"She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27 NKJVToday, I have been busy. I've tried very hard not to be idle. I guess I kind of am right now, but I'm taking a break, so I'm not going to get down on myself.
What I've done today:
- Got up at 6:12 am, yeah!!!
- 15 minutes of devotions, would have done more but Jaylee woke up. But some is better than none, right? Right!
- Emptied the dishwasher
- Made breakfast for Josh and Jaylee. Nothing exciting, just toast and eggs.
- Did breakfast dishes
- Took a shower
- Vacuumed my entire living room, even under the furniture!
- Decluttered the living room. We have this super old stereo that was my dad's, and with it came these big speakers. They drive me nuts. They're big and black and ugly. They clutter my living room. So, I made them leave. I then hooked up little speakers that fit nicely on top of the piano. Waa laa!
- Dusted every piece of wood furniture in the living room.
- Hung up family pictures.
- Vacuumed my couches and cleaned under the cushions...this is what I found: a teething ring, a watch (i'd been looking for this for forever!) a Santa Claus pin, a nickel, a blue pen, a mechanical pencil, 2 price tags, 4 hair ties, a fishy cracker (still intact) a bobby pin, paper clip, the letter "O" foam bath toy and more popcorn than I care to admit.
Seriously, how gross is that?! Oh well, at least it's clean now.
If you're having a really bad day and you're just down on your luck, look under your couch cushions, it's like Christmas!!!
I still have more I'd like to get done today. The day is young! I'm learning to be happy with what I got done instead of being upset about what I didn't get done. I think my new motto is, "Some is Better than None."
No comments:
Post a Comment