I got my cell phone bill today. I can't believe it. I'm seriously embarrassed.
I talk too much. Way too much.
I have 1300 minutes, anytime minutes, with free incoming. My total minutes used: 2,160 minutes. At first I didn't think much of it. Then, for some sick reason I decided to figure out how many hours that was.
36 hours. 36 hours!!!! That's almost a full work week. Spent on the phone. I'm grieved. That is 36 hours that I was not spending time with my baby. 36 hours not spent with the Lord. 36 hours that I was not making my home.
I feel very convicted. Lately, (even before I got my cell bill) I've really felt the Lord telling me I need to be better with our money. We live on one income. We've been so blessed with Joshua's job. I'm able to stay home with Jaylee. But, we live paycheck to paycheck. There's no reason to though. I've looked over the amount of money I am spending. It's alot. Alot more than I need to spend.
So, I'm going to quit. I'm going to quit spending money. I'm going to quit wasting time. Lord, help me.
I told you last week that I am going to have a goal each week. This weeks' goal was to defeat Mt. Washmore (my laundry pile) and I've decided that next week I'm going to set our budget. I know, we should have had a budget by now, but really we just live by the seat of our pants, wasting money. Seriously, I feel so bad about wasting the blessing the Lord has given us.
If you have a budget, one that has been working for your family, please, let me know how you do it.
I hate being embarrassed and this is something I'm really embarrassed about. Too much time on the phone, too much spending, and not enough wisdom about a budget. But, I'm supposed to praise Him in all things, right? So, I praise Him that He has shown me this.
Have a great weekend, see ya Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment