Friday, December 08, 2006

Bravo!

I was in a rut until today.

A blog rut. A mood rut. And, until today, I was in a laughing rut. My goodness, my belly hurts from laughing so hard today.

I have nothing exciting to say really. No pictures to share. You know how you can think something's funny, but you're just not sure how someone else would see it? Well, that would be my funny stories from today.

Well, today started out just awful. Okay, maybe awful is exaggerating a bit, but it started off not so good. Actually, if we're going to get technical, today started bad last night. Does that make sense? I was supposed to have today "off," no baby, no housecleaning, no cooking, no domestic duties whatsoever. But my neighbor called last night and asked if I could keep her baby for a few hours today. Lovely, selfless, giving neighbor that I am (please sense the sarcasm here) I said, "sure, I'd love to watch her!" Well, I told my mother that I'd just keep my own child for the day so lil neighbor baby would have someone here to beat her up, I mean...play with her. Well, lil neighbor baby never showed. But my own was here. Alllll day. So, I had to cook, I had to clean, I had to be a mama, I had to be domestic.

I was not happy. I had a day planned for myself. It consisted of one thing and one thing only.

Scrapbooking.

I didn't get to do it though. That's okay, I'm pretty much over it now. Josh had the day off so around 3 he offered to take Jaylee for a few errands so I could do whatever I needed to do. I think he sensed that someone's (his) head was going to be bit off. While they were gone I started to address my Christmas cards. I addressed my moms last. I was delirious by this time.

We were sent these address labels from some organization to feed hungry children. The entire letter is a sticker. So, I decided to "decorate" her envelope with the stickers. "Feed Hungry Children" "Do not peel off" "Please do not remove backing" "Happy Holidays" I'm placing these stickers randomly on her envelope when I realize there's a picture of a "hungry" child on there. I cut it out and stuck it on her envelope. I'm in tears by this time. Laughing hysterically. I was in such a bad mood 5 minutes ago but this was killing me.

I don't know if this is funny to you or not but I'm dying remembering it. I cannot wait for her to get her mail.

That's not all. That's right, the story does not end there. You could only hope...

My mom and I went to a dessert and ornament exchange at church tonight. We were going to be early so we decided to get a coffee first. We drink the same thing, Iced Hazelnut Breve No Whip Cream. Before we got to the coffee stand I told her that if she asked the barista for an Iced Hazelnut Bravo (with a straight face) I'd pay for her drink. She busted up. We both did. I reminded her though that I'd only pay if she said it with a straight face.

We pull up. I had to face my window because I was already laughing so hard. Laughing so hard no sound was coming out. You know the kind.

Barista-"What can I get for you tonight?"

My Mom-"Yeah, can I get two Iced Hazelnut Bravos please, with no whip?"

Me-Totally dying in passenger seat.

Barista-"Uh, do you mean, Breve?"

My Mom-"Yeah, whatever."

Me-Still dying in passenger seat.

The barista goes to make our drinks and we were laughing so hard. My mom was quite proud of herself for keeping a straight face.

While making our coffees...

Barista-"You girls from outta town?"

My Mom-"Uh-huh, from New York."

Me-totally dying again, we sooo do not live in New York, where did she get that?!

Barista-"Here for the holidays?"

My Mom-"Mmhmm."

We get our drinks, we leave, go to church and I'm still laughing about our Bravo experience.

I love my mom. She's always up for whatever.

Now that I've shared this story, all my friends who wondered where I got my "normalness," yeah, that'd be from my mother.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hmmm...No unsupervised evenings for you two! Ha Ha Sounds like you need a scrap weekend asap!;)

Anonymous said...

I was laughing because I can picture both incidents. I can't wait to come back, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. The route is going to be awesome!