Thursday, December 21, 2006

Shower on the Run

Remember the days before kids? Me neither.

Post complete.

Not really.

My mom and I were discussing the other day on the phone about taking showers. Not together, geeeeez, just showers in general. And, how we take maybe 3 a week. If we're lucky. Gross, huh? I know. I think I kind of wanted to go off on her about why she only takes three showers a week when...

She's not the one who has to worry about an 18 month old wild child running loose in the house, pestering the dog, eating dog food, opening cupboards to taste household cleaning products, taking off her diaper, turning the stereo on and up as loud as possible, pulling the Christmas tree down, or my favorite as of late: throwing open the shower curtain and yelling "HI!" while I freeze my tillies off. Yes, tillies.

And how, when she's in the shower she could shave both legs in one shower installment, not two or three. And, the fact that she doesn't have to put shampoo and conditioner on simultaneously to save time and when she gets out of the shower she can take her sweet lil time putting on nice smelling lotions to feel feminine and over both recently smooth, shaved legs instead of slappin' on some deodorant and callin' it perfume(because at least it'll help with the sweat that's going to pour off me as I chase above mentioned wild child around the house). And, she can take her time blow drying and fixing her hair instead of twisting in a ponytail real quick. She can put on her make up in entirety instead of whippin' out the ol' reliable lip gloss-'cause a little dab'll do ya-because she doesn't have to worry about, once again...above mentioned wild child.

Her excuse for not showering on a daily basis. She gets cold after her shower. Pffffft!!!! If that were my only problem:

I might take up showering 4 times a week.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

You crack me up! I just prefer to live in the ignorance and pretend that when I am in the shower my three little angels are quietly playing in the toy room doing absolutely nothing rotten to each other or to any of our furniture! Its the only way to shower in peace and also pray your heart out in the shower that there will not be anything on fire or permanently damaged!:)