First off, here is my disclaimer:
I am not Mormon. My neighbors are. I love them. I do not love their beliefs.
End of disclaimer.
I'm totally dying with laughter right now but part of me feels bad too.
So, we have these neighbors, and like I said, they are Mormon. They have 6 kids ranging from 5-12. Wonderful people. Love 'em. But they have cats. I love cats. But they don't feed them. So, I feed them. So, they come over to eat and then go home. Have I told you about them before? I can't remember. Well, there are three adults, Mama Kitty who's pure black with a tear in her ear, DJ who's orange and the third adult has been dubbed M.W.B. Kids cover your eyes. MWB:Mama with Balls. At first we only had 2 adults, Mama and DJ. One morning while we were drinking coffee "Mama" and DJ were eating inside. I said how "she" was filling out a little more and Josh says, "uh, Mama has balls." I choked.
So, that's how we got the name MWB ('cause I know you were wondering)
Anyway, Mama Kitty keeps having babies and Amber tells me that she must be Mormon too. That cracked me up. But...it must be true though.
The last batch of kittens totalled six. 2 calicos 4 pure black. Somehow or another (and my husband assures me it wasn't him) we're down to three. 1 calico, two blacks. About a week ago I noticed Cali was gone. I was a lil sad 'cause she's cute but then again, one less mouth to feed. She showed up a few days ago much to my inner relief. However, she only had half a tail. Scab on the end and she looked a lil sheepish.
Poor kid.
So, now she's Stubs instead of Cali and one black is Fuzz, because she has the cutest little fuzzy face you ever saw, the second black I don't have a name for. He/She won't let me near him/her so I'm not getting attached...yet.
Well, that's not all of the story. Josh comes home for lunch this afternoon and after he eats goes out to work on Holly (our '85 suburban.) He comes in and says, "I think I know what happened to the cats' tail." He leads me outside and there, on the ground, is Stubs' tail.
He found it while he was working on Holly. Thinks she got stuck in there and when she jumped it pulled it off.
Isn't that so funny...I mean sad?
I thought so, too.
1 comment:
Not a real cat lover here. Mostly because they make my eyes itch and make my head stuffy. Least of all a fan of neighbor kitties who poop in my yard and flower beds...GROSS! And double GROSS that he found the cat's tail in your car! I had a point to this comment but somehow I've gotten completely distracted...I guess it wasn't that profound! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment