Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Maybe it's just me

But a few months ago I got really tired of this:

Dear Lord, thank You for today, thank You for my family, for my life. Hmm, did I get the clean clothes out of the dryer...Oh, sorry Lord. Please be with my husband today while he's on deliveries. Lord, please enable me to be the mama you want me to be for Jaylee. Hmm, did I put butter on my grocery list? Oh, sorry again, Lord. Jesus, if You could also just give me strength to get all my chores done today and give me a merry heart about it. Hmm, what should I make for dinner....

Have you done this? Do you do this? Is it just me?!

I've sort of remedied myself of it. How? I started writing my prayers in a journal, not a fancy journal, just a lil notebook that cost less than a buck. I date it at the top of the page and then I write out my prayers to the Lord. Writing my prayers has really helped me to focus on my prayer time, and not on the stuff that I feel I "should" be getting done. And I love to go back and read past entries to see how the Lord has worked in my life and the lives of my friends and family in just the last few months of doing this.

So, I just thought I'd share that random bit of information with ya, in case you get lost in your own thoughts while trying to spend time with the Lord.

Have a wondeful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Sometimes when I'm distracted like that I stop write down all those "to dos" that keep popping in my head and then go back to my prayer. I've been writing some of my prayers as well though. It can still get a little unorganized but I figure God is listening all the time so it doesn't matter if my prayer is organized. Sometimes I just talk...