Monday, March 12, 2007

A Trip in the 'Possum

Rembember the story of the 'Possum?

Well, Melissa, my friend from my last post, came over. We decided to head to Yakima for a little shopping and dinner. But nothing with Melissa and me can ever be so simple. Let's have a little background on Melissa and me, then I'll tell you the story of our trip.

Melissa and I met almost 13 years ago. We attended church together and went to the same high school. We were good friends.

Then Melissa stole my boyfriend, my Sophomore, her Freshman year of high school. Yes, stole him! My "first love" or so I thought at the time. Okay, maybe she didn't steal him. Maybe I kinda liked another boy so my boyfriend and I broke up. But then she starting going out with him just mere daaays after we broke up. So, I felt like she stole him...

Even though, technically she didn't. But we're not getting technical.

So, she stole him.

Man, I thought I was over it...

Anywho, somehow, even after I wrote her a nasty note we made it through. We were still friends.

Melissa lived pretty close to the high school. Not across-the-street close, but close. One day, I decided to test my reverse skillz. Yes, skillz.

Melissa's all for it. So, we leave the high school and reverse all the way to her house. I even stopped at a stop sign with my trunk where my hood should be. Backward. All the way to her house. If I remember correctly we almost hit a bush but other than that, I'm a pro in reverse!

A few years down the road, after her and Trevor broke up and I was married to Josh, Melissa and I were driving around at night in a new development of housing. She had to go potty. We weren't near home or a rest area. But, there were plenty of outhouses since a lot of the houses were still under construction.

So, she decides to use one.

And I decide to ram the outhouse with my car.

While she's in it.

Uh huh, I did.

So, yesterday...we thought this would be an uneventful trip. Boy, were we wrong.

We go get coffee, her-an iced, non-fat, vanilla latte. Me-an iced, hazelnut breve. mmmm. That has no relevance to the story. Just thought I'd tell you the kind of coffee we drink...

We leave the coffee stand, we're catching up on the latest and greatest events of each others' lives, we get on the freeway. The ol' 'Possum picks up to 70 mph quite nicely and then it happens.

My bedliner flies out of my pickup.

Uh huh, it did.

The car behind me flies into the other lane so as not to get hit. We pull over to the shoulder and stop. It took me a sec to kinda soak in what just happen. And Melissa says no trip is complete without something like this happening. Good thing I'm a Pro Reverser. I put my skillz back into action. This is what we saw.


It was off the road pretty far. Luckily, it didn't hit anyone and luckily, it didn't go over the fence. Would have made it more difficult to pick up and put back in.

Oh, and here's a picture of Melissa.

We loaded it back up, turned on the flashers and proceeded at about 30 mph on the freeway. We took the next exit and took the bedliner back home. Josh looked a little bewildered as to why we were returning so early. I informed him we should take the bedliner out before it escapes again. His eyes grew.

We took it out and continued with our trip. Pretty uneventful after that.

However, I scored an outfit for pretty cheap. A maternity shirt, no, I'm not pregnant (that's another post in itself), but it's cute and comfy and a skirt to match. Along with some boots that were only $8.49!!

Yep, that was our trip. I love stuff like that. And I love my digital camera. Melissa recorded it and will be sending it my way.

I promise to share with you, as well.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Seriously! What in the world? Can you imagine being the other car and seeing bed liner flying at you at 70 mph.....LOL:) You are crazy, even when you are trying not to be!