We had such a great weekend!
It started with Friday. Amber calls and tells me she'd like to watch Jaylee so Josh and I can go on a date. I'd really been wanting to do this but we don't have a babysitter and she's fun to have along, so we usually just take her. However, it had been one of those days that I just needed some time with my husband and once again, Amber pulls through! (Seriously not sure what I'd do without ya sometimes.)
We enjoyed dinner together and then went to my sister Megan's house and hung out there for a bit. They have an XBox 360 and Guitar Hero, which I've never heard of or played. But I got the chance and it was okay. I lack in the rhythm department and I think it's a crucial part of the game. And...I'll be honest, if I'm not the best at something right away, I don't want to play. I'm a brat like that. :)
Saturday we were up bright and early. Maybe not bright but it was early. 6:30 early. We had to park Josh's parents camp trailer downtown for the 19th Annual Sunnyside's Lighted Farm Implement Parade. It's very redneck but it's so fun!
After we parked the trailer, we SMT'd, then I took Josh to work and headed over for pictures with Santa at a local breakfast place. We joined Amber and her girls. Jaylee refused to go near Santa. She turned her head away from him. After that we drove across town for Sugar Cookie Decorating with Mrs. Claus. They provide the cookies and every possible cookie topper imaginable. Jaylee just ate it all. She downed icing, sprinkles, worms, marshmallows, milk, frosting and the list could go on. While busy "decorating" her cookie, Santa shows up behind her. She didn't know at first, kept "decorating", but then it was as if she smelled him (which is quite possible.) And the staredown began.
She didn't take her eyes off him. She leaned back and stared. He was making funny faces at her and she was immobile. Then, she started to tremble. He lost the staredown. Left. And she went back to eating sugar. I'll get a picture up soon for you to see. It really was hilarious.
After Joshua got off work we hooked an innertube to the 3-Wheeler and raced around the pasture. Jaylee got cold and went in for a nap and the neighbor kids came to entertain my husband. He drove them around the pasture for quite awhile.
Evening came and so did the parade! We took Amber's girls with us and the three girls sat on the sidewalk and watched in wonder as the floats and big rigs passed by with all their lights. They were so good and we all had a hoot.
Yep, that was our weekend. Simple but fun. Just the way we like it.
2 comments:
Fun! It is crazy that Santa usually scares the crap out of little kids isn't it?!?!?
That sounds like a fun weekend. I'm going to take the kids to see Santa soon. I'm interested to see their reaction.
Post a Comment