Yesterday was my birthday.
I usually absolutely love, luh-huv my birthday.
Not so much this year. And I don't know why. It wasn't a particularly good day. I got to go shopping for an outfit, so that part was definitely nice (thank you, husband) but it was raining and my hair was uber-frizzy and my almost three year old was a little O2C2 (out of control child) and my 1 month old just cries. Cries for no reason. Cries all the blasted time.
So, I kinda wasn't in the mood to be having a birthday. I kinda wasn't in the mood to be a mom.
(Am I really admitting this??)
My husband came home from work. Changed his clothes, he looked mighty nice. Then Amber shows up.
She usually calls.
She hadn't called.
So I knew husband and Amber were in cahoots about something.
She was there to watch my children while Josh and I went out. And when I find this out, I'm a little torn.
I have a whiny, snot-nosed, almost three year old. And a brand-spankin' new baby. Should I leave? Can I leave?
Heck yes, I can!
We left. We enjoyed dinner together. And the two and a half hours we were gone were just enough to refresh me and make me feel like I could be a mommy again.
And amazingly, there was no guilt. I thought there would be. But there wasn't. I knew they were with Amber and that she'd only let Jaylee feed Alison a little pizza while we were away.
9 comments:
I'm glad your day got better and you got some time with Josh alone. I love you!
Good for you, and Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!
Glad you had a chance to go out for your birthday. How fun is that?
Hey! My 28th birthday is TOMORROW! yay for June birthdays!
Happy Birthday! I remember 28.....
So glad you got to enjoy time out with hubby. Mucho important for a mommy!
Happy Birthday! Just 'found' you, by your profile location...smells like cows! Hmmmmmmmmm Grandview? Sunnyside?
Gotta hand it to ya, for being a young Mom with an extremely full life...you still have humor! That's great!
Guess you forgot to mention the part where Ali distinctly asked for a piece of pizza. I was busy with the dishes, Jaylee obliged her.
That's my story. And I'm sticking to it.
Happy Belated Birthday!
Glad you had the chance to get out!! :)
Post a Comment