Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Don't be Jealous

Since I am once again a nursing mama, my bra size is the fifth letter of the alphabet.

Seriously.

Josh has informed me I need to stand up straight. I think because if I don't, they hang down to my bellybutton and for some reason he's not finding that attractive. Go figure.

Today I decided to practice standing up straight. Basically I feel like I'm trying to show off huge knockers that sag down to my toes. Luckily my shirt covers 'em or everyone would see all the stretch marks that come with these amazingly large boulders I carry in my over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders.

So, I'm struttin' my stuff at the grocery store. "Yep, they're mine" I want to proclaim to the 83 year old lady whose boulders are more like pebbles, but still hang like mine. I nod to the 13 year old girl and I'm thinkin, "some day, honey, some day."

I'm getting a few stares.

Quite a few stares.

Wow, this standing up straight thing is a little embarrassing.

As I'm about to leave the grocery store I look down.

Guess who ran out of nursing pads and is using wash cloths in place of pads? Guess who has wash cloths filling her bra?

The same girl who forgot she was using wash cloths in place of nursing pads. The same girl who has the most amazing spit up all over her shirt.

Yep, such is my life.

7 comments:

Corie said...

Oh, I haven't ventured out yet with my new size. You've given me so much to look forward to!
I thought I got stares when I was pregnant... didn't think about stares I would get post pregnancy. I was more concerned with people staring at my once hard, now squishy belly....

Kristie said...

oops!

Anonymous said...

hey I only heard my grandma call them over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders. What can I say she was cool.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

TOO FUNNY! Wasn't "envy" looks...but more like "poor gal" or "what's she thinkin' "!

Giordi said...

Since I'm naturally less, shall we say, well-endowed than most. I'm LOVING the big boobs nursing brings. I'm not loving the ugly bras, but no one sees those anyway.

Patzke's said...

I hope you were able to get some more nursing pads for yourself. They do tend to shrink after each kid a little. So I guess you can look forward to that if you like them small.

Gayle said...

Oh my gosh! I remember the nursing days with big ole jugs. My husband was pretty happy but I felt like Pamela Anderson...just not so skinny and blond and pretty.

Thanks for a good laugh!