Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not so bare bones afterall

I've been panicking a bit.

I haven't gone grocery shopping in a few weeks and payday isn't until Friday. I have three dinners that I have to make up until Josh gets paid. And I'm thinking that since it's been so long since I've shopped, that must mean I have no food.

So I decided to start my menu plan and grocery list. But before I did that I thought it might be smart to go through my freezer, cupboard and fridge to take inventory of what I already have.

Holy smokes!

Here's what was in my freezer:
3 roasts
2 pieces of b/s chicken breasts
pork loin
beef ribs
2 loaves of bread
spinach
broccoli
corn
blueberries
grapes
strawberries
1 lb. of butter

Here's what was in my cupboard:
refried beans
green beans
carrots
diced tomatoes
cream of chicken soup
beef broth
olives
kidney beans
mushrooms
cream of asparagus soup
cream of potato soup
spaghetti sauce

In my pantry:
rice (brown and white)
spaghetti noodles
lasagna noodles
manicotti noodles
dry beans

In my fridge:
A few science experiments, we don't need to talk about those.

So, I'm pretty stoked! I have quite a bit of stuff!

Pretty much thinking my grocery list will be for dairy products on Friday and stuff for the BBQ on Saturday for Jaylee's birthday party.

Honestly a little bummed that I don't need more groceries. Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do. However, I'm excited to come up with a menu with ingredients I already have.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

nice!!

Unknown said...

I always get excited when I'm able to have some creative success in the kitchen. It sounds like you have lots to choose from. I like to grocery shop too.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I like grocery shopping way more than any other kind. Been thinking about starting a G.S. business here locally...(G.S. is 35 miles away)can spend other peoples $$ doing what I enjoy...(lots of older folks, high gas prices...)