Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quirky Meme

So, my socially retarded sister (long story) tagged me with a meme. Wish I knew what a meme was. Is it pronounced Me-Me? Or Meh-Meh? I dunno. But since it's six things about me, I'm assuming it's a Me-Me. I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish rule number three, seeing as how everything about me is spectacular.



Here are the rules of this meme:



1) Link to the person who tagged me.

2) Mention the rules.

3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.

4) Tag 6 other blogger´s by linking to them.

5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.



And we're off....In no unspectacular order...



1. I cannot stand to listen to people chew their food. It makes me crazy. It's really hard for me to sit at the table when everyone is eating, especially cereal! This is a quirk about myself that I'm not a fan of.

2. I'm a South Paw (left-handed). My dad was left handed, my grandma's left handed and so is my cousin. I'm hoping Alison will be, too, since Jaylee is not. From what I've seen most left handed people have poor handwriting. My dad had amazing hand writing and I like mine pretty well, too.

3. I hate front doors. I have my grandmother to thank for this. When I go some place I've never been before, I panic that I won't be able to find the front door. My husband is so sweet, when he wants me to go somewhere for him, he'll tell me where to go and then he says, "the front door is on the south side..." He's great.

4. I don't like being a passenger. I know, it's retarded. But after the whole incident with The Assassin, I'm not the biggest fan of not being in control of the wheel. I'm okay with my husband driving or my FIL but other than that, I have to be the one driving or I have panic attacks.

5. I have a thing for numbers. My mom does, too. I can't get them outta my head once I hear them or see them. One time I had a number (4521673) running through my head. Couldn't for the life of me figure out where I'd seen or heard it...I looked through my wallet and found that it was my Bi-Mart card number, a card I use about 3 times a year. I memorize license plates and sadly I can tell you the phone number of the crush I had in high school. I never talked to him on the phone, but I know his number! To top it off, whenever we (my mom) move, it's preferable that the house number add up to an odd number. I'm saying too much now, aren't I?

6. I love to eat out. I never get tired of it. I love to cook but it's oh so fun to eat out. Whether it's drive-thru or sit down restaurant. I love it. The first year Josh and I were married I think I cooked maybe 10 meals at home, the rest we ate out. I didn't get to eat out much growing up and when I married Josh I felt rich, so I took full advantage of being able to afford going out to eat. We don't do it nearly as often anymore. Maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

Alrighty, now I have to tag some people. (I'm sorry)

Barb-sorry, I saw you were tagged for something but didn't see what it was...maybe you can kill two birds with one post!

Corie

Kailin

Kristie-I need to know some quirks about you so I can use them against you next week! :)

Liz

Cindy

Okay, there ya have it. Go check these ladies out. I love 'em all. My love for Cindy is now love/hate. She linked to a recipe that I can't get enough of...my butt is now twice as big as it was a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

#1 I'm all about that...drives me CRAZY!!! Sometimes I actually have bit my tongue to keep from saying something to innocent people who may be eating next to me...unfortunately I usually unleash my irritation with this on my husband and children.

Erica Lynn said...

Something funny is I memorize numbers too. I don't even realize I'm doing it. I well remember growing up with the hate of chewing food sounds. I thought only rich people went to Denny's. I felt rich when Derek and I got married so we ate out a lot too. Love you and your quirks.

Jeana said...

I'm told it's pronounced, "meem".

Corie said...

My husband and I are both left handed and hoping Chloe will be too!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hi there SArah! No wonder I found you here first...in 'this' world!
1)A terrible pet peeve of mine too!
2)I'm a lefty & so's my Mom...my kids nor GK's are tho...
3)Door issue...mine is cabinet doors! HATE them to be left open!
4) Not me....just hate other drivers being on winter roads when I am
5)WOW! Number's stick to my brain like glue! My hubby is always telling me I'm wasting brain space! Then, the other thing I do...as I'm chopping,stirring, climbing steps, walking, and the list goes on...and on...I count! Just started that a few yrs ago & haven't a clue WHY !
6)I'd eat out if there was a place close by! 5+yrs in AZ, we had every restaurant you'd want...within 3 miles & we took advantage...(the only yrs in our lives, we could afford it! It was awesome!)
Ok, now on to your more recent blogs.......