Monday, August 11, 2008

And we had to pull over...

We were gone for the weekend. The trip was short lived because the girls got sick. Sick as in projectile vomiting sick.

On our five hour drive home, Jaylee got bored.

Bored to the point that she decided being naughty would be more fun than sitting like a good girl.

I turned around and looked at her.

"If you continue that, we'll pull the car over and spank you."

I then looked at Josh, and whispered, "did I really just say that. that's a line our parents used."

From the back, in her carseat...

"Wellll, I want a spankin'."

Oh.my.word. So, Josh pulled over. I couldn't let her get away with that. It was one of the hardest parenting moments I've had.

She tried to call my bluff.

She lost.

Even though I knew I had to show her I wasn't kidding, it was still extremely difficult. Being a parent is the hardest job ever, sometimes!

There are days (like today) that I consider turning in a letter of resignation.

7 comments:

Corie said...

Oh no! I bet that was so hard!

Hang in there... and don't type up that resignation letter quite yet! :)

Patzke's said...

Gotta love having the job as a mean parent or at least in there minds. Sometimes it's so hard.

Brittany said...

Let me guess. Is this child somewhere between the ages of 3-5? Sounds like something my 3 year old would say. Kudo's to you for following through.

amber said...

That may just be the funniest thing I've ever heard!

Kailin said...

Amen, sister!

The Broken Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL Sarah! (rrr....sorry...)
I can so see that "event"!
Good you stuck to your guns....no matter how hard it is!
......still LOL!