Dear Diary,
Sigh.
We watched some home videos last night. We only watched a few minutes of one. It was from December. And Jaylee seems so little. She was dancing around and being silly. There was a Veggie Tale playing in the background. She actually looked chubby in the face. She's nowhere near chubby now!
Gone are those chubby little cheeks. She's long and lean. And growing so quickly. I was bawling through the video.
Not so long ago she was all little and snuggly. She couldn't walk or talk. Or feed herself. I had to change her diapers.
I remember wanting her to reach each milestone early. I wanted her to eat baby food and sit up. I wanted her to crawl and walk and talk.
While she never reached any milestone waaay before her age, looking back, I wish I hadn't wished the time away. I wish I had just taken the time to enjoy where she was. I know I'm not making any sense. I don't really care.
She had such a sweet personality, she loved me and we got along. Now, I feel all we do is butt heads. I feel like she'd rather always be with her daddy.
We're leaving for Mt. Rainier in a couple of hours, so I really have no business writing. I should be getting ready. It's a trip that will be good for us, to get away, have some fun. Just seems that whenever we leave home, someone gets sick. Jaylee and I still aren't feeling well from the last go around and Ali has a runny nose.
Oh, the joys.
7 comments:
Gotta live and enjoy EVERY moment and season, don't we? There's an incredible book written by Karen Kingsbury - a children's book, but not. I think it's called "Let Me Hold You Longer". Buy it with a box of tissue!
Have fun on your trip. Just another thing to add to the memories you get with you kids. It's easy to wish them away but we will remember them.
Oh how I feel your diary entry, sister. Just know that when you and Jaylee butt heads it is because you aren't letting her have her way which is shaping her into a beautiful, well-behaved child and someday- a woman. I'm praying for you. I love you.
Sarah, thanks for letting us into your Diary once again. I know it's frustrating (& it really does hurt)to butt heads with your children...but....LOL (I can't help myself here...) it's not going to end real soon either!
have a great time at Mt Rainier! Hope you get some good pix, as the weather is supposed to be beautiful!
I totally understand. All of it. Butting heads is the worst and I hate it. I hope you guys feel better soon so can enjoy your trip.
Sarah, THANK YOU for this post.
I catch myself wishing for milestones with Chloe. I know that I need to just relish the time we have now... as a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna go get her out of her swing right now so we can cuddle....
Have a great trip!
Have a fun time!! Hope everyone is feeling better by the time you return from a little R & R!!
Post a Comment