Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dear Diary Entry 3

I thought it would be fun today to find my diary from high school and copy what I'd written from August 21st. Yeah, not so much. Too much junk about some dumb boy I liked waaay too much, a pretty unhealthy deal. I think I embarrass myself enough on my blog, I don't need to make it worse! :) It's amazing how much has changed since then.

Dear Diary,

Another week has come and gone. We leave for Montana tomorrow and I've completely procrastinated on everything I should have done before our trip.

Procrastinating is huge for me. Should be my middle name.

I really need to start organizing my life a little better. It's amazing how much peace I have when things are organized, when I have my priorities in line.

I've been in awe of my husband these last few days. It just amazes me how much he loves my family. I know I'd do anything for his family, too, but he's putting his love for them into action. The work he's done is incredible. Tonight I'm planning a special dinner for him after the girls go to bed. Just the two of us. Should be fun.

I've been trying to spend more quality time with Jaylee and I really feel that's helping our relationship. It's easy to think that I spend time with her since I'm here all day with her but that's not necessarily the case. It's easy to get wrapped up in dishes, laundry, vacuuming, blogging, Alison, and just not spend the time with her that she needs.

Yesterday, I laid on her bedroom floor with her and we were coloring. A little while into it, she starts to pray, "Thank You, Lord for the coloring. Thank You, Lord for the fun. Thank You, Lord for Shadow. Amen."

So sweet. I love her heart.






3 comments:

Kristie said...

:) she is a sweetie!!

Have a FUN dinner with your hubby!

Corie said...

Hope the dinner went well. I'm sure that was much needed alone time. :)

And, Jaylee's prayer is so sweet.
Glad you two got some bond time in!!!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

That is so sweet! Too bad Josh wasn't home to get a pix of the two of you coloring together!
Hope you had a great evening...Just you & Josh!