Today is my BFF's birthday. Lotsa people think we're still about 15 for using that term. We really don't care. Part of us IS still 15. The other part, still 10. We're going to see New Kids on the Block in 2 months and 25 days. It's obvious we aren't concerned with the fact that we're 28, married (not to each other) and each have two girlies and that it's possibly time for us to grow up.
It's just not gonna happen. Yet.
She's one of those friends that you get later in your life, you wish you'd had all the years before, but it's where you are now that's the reason you're friends now. She's the friend I'll have til I'm 99.
She's the friend that, when hanging out, my husband waits by the phone til I get home. He's just sure one of these times we'll be picked up for some sort of misdemeanor.
She's the friend who painted my toenails while I lay in a hospital bed recovering from having cancer surgery. She was there every day I was in the hospital.
She's sarcastic and mean. She's the most selfless woman I know.
She doesn't ask what she can do for me, she just does whatever, whenever, always.
She's just as bad at pool as I am. She loves Dirty Dancing ("Nobody puts Baby in a corner") as much as I do.
She loves Conway Twitty. But I love her anyway.
When Josh and I talk about moving away from here, neither of us can imagine leaving Amber. Pretty sure we're stuck here forever!
Tonight we're going to Red Robin to celebrate her. I can't wait. She's worth celebrating.
Amber-I love you. I think you're great. I can't imagine my days without you. You are the bestest friend a girl could have. And if it were legal...LOL :) Well...ya know.



4 comments:
What a great tribute to your friend.
I hope she reads this!!!
You make this mean and sarcastic girl a lil teary! Thank ya, thank ya, but much undeserved... I was at the hospital because I wanted to see your scar, thats it:)
I love you and cant wait til we have flapping arm fat when we're 99!
That kind of friend is hard to come by! My BFF is far, far away in Montana:(
Hope you had fun celebrating...but not to much...
How great it is to have such a wonderful friend! They are far and few between, worth treasuring for ever!
Post a Comment