if you get a shower every night and have electricity?
Yeah, I didn't think so.
But this last weekend was my kinda campin' I tell ya!
Josh's parents went up to Mt. Rainier last weekend and then Josh and the girls and I went up on Thursday to take over the campsite. They let us keep their fifth wheel and let me just tell you, it was glorious.
It's so easy to take Mt. Rainier for granted since I can see it out my living room window and it's only a two hour drive to actually be at the mountain itself.
I don't have pictures to show today since I'm the only person left on earth without a digital camera. Hopefully I'll get up to Yakima again today to get them developed.
Anyway.
We spent four days and three nights in a fifth wheel, with a toilet (unlike the days when I actually had to live in a fifth wheel and use a McDonald's happy meal bucket....) (now those were the days) and a shower.
Friday we drove into Enumclaw for some necessities, like baby wipes because I've never had a baby before or anything and somehow forgot to pack them...and a 3.99 bottle of wine, because I'm high class like that, and coffee creamer...because my husband is a crabby man should he have coffee with no creamer. Oh, and so I could get a Starbucks fix. So, yeah, we were pretty ridiculous, drive two hours to be at the mountain and then drive another 40 minutes so we can get our city fix.
Saturday, not a good time was had by all. And by all, I mean me. We went for a hike. I don't like to hike. I'm more of a one to two mile kinda hiker, if I must hike. Husband thought he should push my buttons and make me hike for six. Yes, six! With a baby and a three year old.
Sorry, friends, I'm just not hard core like that. I much prefer sitting by a fire, playing cards, eating too much, and being too loud after quiet time in the campground. That, to me is priceless.
Instead, I was one unhappy lady. I didn't moan and groan at the time. I knew I could save it up to share with you. :)
There was one plus to the hike.
My tattoo that I have on my left arm...it's in Chinese. And ever since I got it, I've been scared that it reads, "Smells like cow patties." Instead of, "to mourn my father."
'Cause with tattoo parlors, ya just never know.
So, we're hiking and we see a group of Chinese people. I'm trying to have Josh walk on my left side so that way they can't see my arm. He wasn't understanding my sudden closeness and moved away from me. We stopped to talk with them and one of the girls asks what my arm says.
I brilliantly came up with this line....
"Uhhhh...."
She asked if something happened to my dad. And then confirms what it says.
Oh YAY! It doesn't say anything ridiculous! So, even though I'd rather not have the tattoo where it is (I've been considering having it removed) I'm glad to know it actually says what I thought it did.
Back to camping...
After the hike from H-E-double hockey sticks, we all crashed for about an hour. Then had dinner. Then went down by the water to watch the sun set on the mountain.
We left for home yesterday morning and came home to 100+ degree heat. Bluuuhhck!
Luckily it was only 80 in our house when we got here. My house is a train wreck at the moment and I think the maid called in sick because she hasn't shown up yet today. She's fired...
Guess I better get to work in her place then.
Hopefully I'll have pictures of our trip to show tomorrow.
Have a great Monday!!!
4 comments:
Hope you can find the maid so you can fire her. Glad you had a fun trip camping or at least most of the time.
Sounds like you had a G-r-e-a-t time! 5th-wheel camping or not! Glad you got to get away! Axnious for pix! Isn't the heat outrageos? Here I thought Fall was upon us!
Barb
p.s.....think I saw your maid running down the hi-way the other day...head for the Columbia!
Well, that counts for camping to me. Sounds like fun though!
well thunder storms are heading your way to help with the heat!!
that's my kind of camping...shower, toilet...perfect!!
Post a Comment