Most heard phrase this weekend, "I wish I were dead."
Kinda sums up the weekend. :)
Crazy stinkin' trip that's all I gotta say.
We arrived in Butte, Montana at about 1 a.m. My lovely children had slept most of the way and thought it'd be fun to be awake after the trip.
We didn't get much sleep that night.
The plan was to load all of their belongings on Saturday and leave early Sunday morning. My husband gets this brilliant idea to load their stuff and take off. It's supposed to be about an 8-9 hour drive.
But, when you have six adults, five children (3 and under) two dogs, and four vehicles (2 of which get terrible mileage) an 8 hour trip turns into 11.
OH MY SOUL.
The kids, I must say, were amazing. My sister's kids aren't used to such long drives, so I was quite impressed that they did so well. I drove my sister's van with my mom, sister and three of the kids. Josh had Jaylee with him and my BIL had their youngest. And my very wonderful FIL came with us, so he drove his truck and the biggest trailer.
The trip went great, for the most part...
Dear Girl in the convertible BMW who flashed my husband,
Did you even think about what you were doing? A man with his little girl with him and you lift your shirt?! Your actions were repulsive. That man is a husband. He has a wife. He doesn't need to see you and all that you "offered". Wouldn't you rather save that body of yours for your own husband, instead of sharing for the entire freeway? Disgusting. Uncalled for. I have no more words for you.
Seriously. My knuckles were white. I was shaking. I was crying. I was beyond mad. What right did that girl have to do that?!
I was gently reminded (thank You, Lord) that I have been that foolish girl.
Before I was informed.
Before I realized what something like that does to a man.
Images like that, showing your body to a man...that's stuck there. They can't erase it. As much as the may want to, they can't. Men are different from women. Yes, we may think a guy has a nice body. But usually, for most women, that's that. We don't have those images flash back in our mind. We don't stand at the kitchen sink, doing dishes and remember that guy from a week ago who had a nice rear. Men...men remember. That's the way they tick.
It's not wrong. That's how they were created. But it's our responsibility as women to dress and act appropriately so as not to make a man stumble.
That girl who flashed my husband...her actions...not so appropriate. Not at all.
Anyway, off my soapbox.
We got my sister moved. We got them unloaded.
They are officially back in WA!!!
7 comments:
Glad the trip went well for you guys. Dad was worried that he would get sleepy driving by himself. So did he talk to Joshua alot on the walkie-talkie?
Amen.
Glad you all made it there and back safely. I don't understand why people do those things either...and on the freeway no less! What'd~she want to create a wreck too??
Safe & sound you all are tho....
glad you are all safely back in WA!!
Yeah for a safe trip.
And BMW girl needs to turn her "headlights" OFF! Not cool.
Glad the trip went well (except for the "flash" of indecency).
I cannot believe that. I would have been so mad and disgusted too.
Ugh.
Ok, so I know these are old posts I'm perusing, so sorry for the belated comments....
we were driving this summer ( I think it was out west from Minnesota to WA, actually) in the car WITH MY HUBBY and in passing a truck, he honks so I'll look at him and the sign he's holding up, "Flash Me!"...but not as bad as the girl in the BMW, I think you're more mature than I who probably would have chased her down, I don't know what then, don't do confrontation...
Post a Comment