Am I really gonna do this?
bugger.
Here's the deal.
Last night I went to Weight Watchers for the first time. It was fine. Not at all what I was expecting.
In my head it was going to be like The Biggest Loser and my weight would be projected for all of the hotel occupants to see.
Not the case.
I stepped on a scale and the lady in front of me wrote down my weight on a little thingy and gave it back to me.
I paid her to tell me I'm fat.
How wrong is that?!
So many men and women have lost weight with Weight Watchers. I've seen family and friends succeed with WW. Good job, you guys!
However, I don't think it's for me. Part of it is because I don't want to pay to lose weight. About six years ago I was 30 lbs overweight. I lost the weight. Without paying anyone, without counting points, without exercising my brains out.
Not that exercising is bad...I think it's great. I just really enjoyed not having to.
Then I had Jaylee...and gaining over 50 lbs while I was pregnant was just wrong! I lost almost 30 of it.
Then I had Alison...
So, I know in my head that I can lose this 20 lbs. The main reason I wanted to join Weight Watchers was for the accountability.
I've decided to humiliate myself more than I thought possible and have you as my accountability peeps. Have no fear, I won't be calling you in the middle of the night to tell you that I'm going to eat the entire pan of peanut butter bars if you don't talk me through it.
Each Monday I'm going to tell you how much I weigh. Did I really just say that? EW! YUCK! OH MY HECK!!! I hate the idea of it. I really really really do. So, I'm hoping I hate it so much that I try harder to lose it so that each Monday my number is smaller.
I'm sure you're thrilled. Just thrilled. I know I am.
I have 19 lbs to lose.
I weighed 134 this morning. My goal is 115.
I can do this. I will do this.
10 comments:
Good for you Sarah! Heck 19 lbs...that's not a lot to worry about! We are here to support you, but like you say...not in the middle of the night...
Good luck to you!
I did WW before our wedding. I didn't go to meetings, just did the points system. I still had to purchase the info, but it was totally worth it. I liked WW cause it still allowed me the freedom to choose what I ate, so I could "splurge" if I wanted to.
I was going to try it to lose some baby weight, but I eat alot of artificial sweetner on WW and I think it was messing with Chloe while I breastfeed, so I quit after 2 weeks.
Lots of luck to you!!! You can do it!
I'll definitely try to help in the accountibility department.
Oh, and I wish we lived closer too. Play dates and coffee sound really good right about now. :)
Good luck!! I'd love to lose 20 pounds as well. It's hard!
first of all...Top Gun...my all time fav movie...and I loved Goose...still cry every time!!
Second and more important...you CAN do this!! I will be praying for you!!
Love to you!
Way to go you. You know you can do this. Chad is doing the same thing. He is writing his weight down in a notebook and trying not to snack at night. That is the hardest thing as we have talked about that alot. Call me when those peanut butter bars are calling you, or just don't make them. : )
I just wanted to share a really inspirational blog from a girl who lost half her body weight! It's Dietgirl.com, she's really funny and fun and amazing! Good luck, you can do it!
Keely
Okay, Keely...I went to dietgirl.com and a nasty site came up! LOL
So, no one go there!!!
Um... 134 lbs is my goal weight. what's wrong with 134 lbs??? Who am I kidding, 150 would be nice too.
Good luck. Just check your motives for wanting to loose it and do what is God honoring and glorifying.
It's dietgirl.org
.. because I'm a knower like that
Post a Comment