Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Class Reunion

It was fine.

Since I have a fear of front doors and going into places I've never been to we carpooled to the reunion with Megan and Trevor. Megan is a new friend, Trevor is...an old friend. Yeah, that's it. (actually he's the boyfriend Melissa stole!)

Sweet sweet Megan. We get to their house, I'm nervous as can be to go to this shindig (hindsight, oh hindsight) and she pats me and tells me I look great and that I'll be fine. I really like her!!!

We get to the winery. There's some wine tasting going on. And let me just tell you, wine tasting...ha! It's more like sniffing. They don't put enough in your glass to taste. I'm given my glass and I'm thinkin' "really? 'cause at my house, when I pour a glass of wine, it's brim full!"

I didn't forget names of any classmates. I think Trevor wanted me along just so he didn't forget names. He asked me a few and it was really funny the time he was wrong. I can see how he misplaced the guy but still...

While people were still showing up and introducing spouses, the four of us were together. So, I couldn't have an evening without an embarrassing moment. And I really can't believe I'm going to share this...anyway, I can't even remember who I was talking to, but I said,

"this is my husband, Josh."

next to me...is Trevor.

Josh had been standing behind me.

Bugger.

Even worse, I didn't realize it til Josh stepped forward to shake the guys' hand.

Enough of the embarrassing moment.

It made me laugh how everyone kinda found the clique they'd been in in high school. One guy who was extremely shy in school, obviously came out of his shell. He came out of his shell, others came out...of the closet. One girl was absoutely beautiful. I thought she was pretty in school but holy heck she's gorgeous now. It amazed me how little some people had changed. I had been worried that I'd look silly for not having left the valley to "make a name for myself" so to speak. Some of those that left...well, all they've made of themselves were spectacles.

So many people have said your 10 year reunion is still too much like high school, that the 20 year is sooo much better. Guess I'll wait and see.

Never could find a good pair of flip flops to go with my cut-offs and bra strap showin' tank top, so I went in this instead.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Josh look great.
You will have to tell me how you and Trevor got back in touch.

javamamma said...

You guys are way cute!

Patzke's said...

Like the shirt. You guys do look nice.

Melissa said...

If only I would have been there with you...

Corie said...

Can I copy what everyone else said and tell you how adorable the two of you are?!?!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Sarah, it looks like all your 'worries' went out the door as you walked in! You two look amazingly happy and you are both gorgeous!Wowza!
**
(ps..yes! you take me to the beach and I will teach you to can...and you can can my stuff for me too! :0 )