Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dear Diary Entry 6

Dear Diary,

In three days is my 10 year class reunion.

Wowzers.

First, I can't believe it's been ten years.

Second, I can't believe I'm going...

without Amber.

It's taken me the better part of two weeks to get excited for this. I've had some serious hesitations. Most of which I've heard from several people who've had their class reunions already.

I'm not as skinny as I was in high school (thanks to my two children and love for all things chocolately and peanut buttery).

I'm scared I'm going to forget the names of my classmates.

I'm scared they'll forget mine.

And then I wonder how they could, I mean seriously, who could forget me?! :)

The biggest concern of mine has been that after high school...I didn't go anywhere. Didn't do anything.

I've been living 8 miles from the school I graduated from for the last nine years. I didn't go to college. I didn't want to but that's not the point. Many of my classmates have gone/are going. My dream has always been to be a wife and mama. I've achieved that dream. And while I'm proud of it, I know that being a wife and mama isn't always found so glamorous. In just the last few days I've decided to be proud of who I am and where I am...not my address but where I am in my life.

So...I didn't go off to college. I didn't move out of the state or even out of the county. I live in the town just over from where I graduated from. I am wife to Joshua for the last 10 years and mama to two of the sweetest little girls, ever.

And man, I'm finally okay with that.

Thank goodness, 'cause I'm about 75 hours from seeing my old friends and am hoping to make some new.

3 comments:

Corie said...

I had my 10 year reunion a couple of years ago.
It was interesting. We saw one girl have a little too much to drink, which led to the dancing (by herself on the "dance floor"), which led to the exposure of her thong and too much of her chest as well. Oh, it was interesting to say the least. My husband's reunion was scheduled for a few months later and I think his exact words were.."why even go to mine when we know it won't even compare to this one?"

I did forget some names. I'm sure some forgot mine. As a matter of fact, I was so scared to use people's names in case I used the wrong one that I didn't end up speaking to many of my former classmates. I sat with the friends I still keep in contact with.

Oh, and I think you have accomplished so much. Being married and having children is a huge success in my eyes. I'm sure your classmates will see it the same way.

Oh, can you tell by my lengthy responses that I can't sleep tonight???? :)

Can't wait to hear about the reunion.

Patzke's said...

You'll have so much fun. No worries about that. I am sure everyone will remember your name. I think you get name tags even if you forget. We did anyway.

amber said...

nametags = people checking out your boobies