Last weekend we attempted to get more done on our fence. Yeah, we're still not done with that project. Josh likes to wear him some overalls when he does work outside. He looks mighty cute in them.
I went outside and he has one strap just hanging. It reminded me of junior high when it was cool to only strap one side of your overalls. Yes, I'm reminded how that wasn't too long ago but it does feel like a lifetime.
I wanted to make fun of him but before I could he showed me that the thing had broke and wouldn't stay clipped.
Then a lightbulb went off in his little head and off he went to his shop.
Where he proceeded to weld his overalls together. While he was still wearing them.
Seriously, folks.
Our redneckishness doesn't end there. Oh, how I wish it did.
This last Saturday I was really wanting some quality time with my man. I didn't get it in the form I wanted it (no children) but we still managed to have fun. As a side note, let me just say, I do love my children but there are times where I don't want to cut up pieces of food, wipe noses, remind about manners and how it's rude to interrupt and please won't you just learn how to fend for yourself.
Side note over.
So.
It's about 6:30 on Saturday night we head to Safeway, ravenously hungry (not a good idea, peeps, not a good idea) we proceed to spend $73.42 on one meal.
I kid you not.
In my head I'm thinking for 73 smacks I coulda had someone make the food for me and then clean up after me but oh this will be so fun to go home and make a mess of my nice clean kitchen and then I get to make the yummy food and clean again.
*jumping up and down clapping like a moron*
But the husband, oh, the husband. "I think we should just stay home and not go out. If we go out we'll just spend a bunch of money. We should just stay home and not spend money."
Silly man.
Okay, back to our redneckishness. Stay with me folks.
Finally, finally it's time to eat. The husband wants to make it all romantic. Candlelight romantic if you will. However we have no way to light said candles.
Again, a lightbulb goes off for the husband.
So, we ate by bugzapperlight. Uh huh, a bug zapper. In my kitchen.
Oh, the romantic glow.
That really sets the mood.
7 comments:
OMG! LOL! A bugzapper light!! Who'd have thunk...
Yep, ya'll qualify as rednecks! STILL laughing...I can picture it..
and NO picture of the 'mood' of the meal? or of the fence fixer?
PAWL!
You guys are awesome! I am curious as to your supper though? What meal could you possibly put together to cost $73????
Ok, I read this 10 minutes ago and am still laughing.
javamamma,
We made steak, shrimp, potatoes, with lots of onions, garlic, peppers, along with some wine (for me) beer (for Josh) and dessert consisted of some super yummy ice cream...I don't know, I can't remember everything else, I just know that I was ill afterward! :)
This is too much!!!
I was laughing outloud while reading this.
So many things to comment on in this post.
Um, I can't believe your hubby welding his overalls together WHILE WEARING THEM!!!!
And, I must admit, I've never heard of the "by bug zapper light" meal. That is creative!!!
where are the PICTURES of this foxworthiness?
Post a Comment