Ahhhhhhhh.
That's me, breathing a sigh of relief. Life is settling down.
Somewhat.
This was the first weekend in five weeks that we've been home. We've been go go go like crazy. And while we love that, it feels good to be here. And it felt great to be in church yesterday.
A brief (yeah right) recap of the last month:
We started off August going to Josh's aunt's house. The next weekend was Mt. Rainier. The weekend after that we moved my sister back to Washington, BFF's birthday and then we went to Portland, OR to visit Josh's sister.
Folks, that weekend in Portland was the best four days I've had in years.
Fer sher.
It was non-stop but in a relaxing kinda way. We watched our nieces for a few hours while their parents went out to dinner and then the next night they gave us a gift card to a fancy shmancy blow-your-month's-grocery-budget-in-one-dinner kind of restaurant.
Amazing. Incredible. Service was great, food was great. Dessert...unstinkin'real. We left there and almost vomited because how much we'd eaten. I want to go back for more.
Treena took some fun family pictures of the four of us and then some cool ones of just Josh and me. I'll post some if she would so kindly email a few...hint...hint... ;)
Sunday we picked up my great friend Melissa and then headed to Pacific City for some beach fun. The weather was excellent, the ride home was...well, it was full of random music. My BIL is hilarious when it comes to his taste in music. (Love ya, Chad) But I think we had some Dolly Parton, Beach Boys, Alanis Morrissette, and many many others. Quite the eventful trip back to Portland.
Monday, Labor Day, we went on a bike ride before heading for home. So fun. Love the pathway that we get to ride on.
I didn't want to come home. I could have stayed another week. I enjoyed all the activities but I think my favorite part of the trip was the two hours I had alone with my 12 year old niece. Incredible girl. She's so mature for her age in so many ways, yet she's also very 12. I adore her.
Fer sher.
This weekend, amazingly...we were home. Well, we were in the valley. We went to Prosser so Josh could help some friends. I was only there for the food. :) Sunday was church and a birthday party for my youngest nephew. There were eight children, three and under in one room.
We didn't stay long. Holy moly. That's a whole lotta kids. And a whole lotta noise. I had a headache before we got there. Needless to say, it was intensified. It was fun to have all the kids together.
But it was also fun to go home. :)
So, now we're caught up to present day. Monday.
I went to my friend Janie's house today. We were to begin an exercise dealie-0. It's the Christian alternative to yoga. It was fun but it's not easy with 3 year olds and babies and bodies that haven't moved like that since...well...years ago. We also went blackberry picking because Janie is going to teach me to make jam. We're out a'pickin' away and shots are fired.
SHOTS. ARE. FIRED.
at me.
AT. ME!!!
Seriously. I had something whiz passed my ear and the first thing I wanted to do was take cover but instead I screamed.
Like a girl.
Janie and I were dying. We were getting stabbed with blackberry thorns and then someone tried to take my head off.
That's not all. I found the world's largest spider. Exaggerating? You think I am?! I am not!!! Janie is going to get a picture of him and I shall show you. I almost walked into it. Had I, I don't think I'd be here to tell the story to you.
Holy moly. We left shortly after. I'm not sure we picked enough berries for jam but it was fun.
Jaylee and I both have war wounds to prove the fun.
There's more I want to write about. Stuff that's been on my heart, stuff I feel the Lord has shown me. I'll save that for later.
Right now I have a diaper to change.
6 comments:
LOL
well I hope the jam is worth it!:)
I had a great time with you guys and Chad, Treena and the girls! Sure wish we culd hang out more!
It was a great weekend when you were down here. That is the most dangerous berry picking I have ever heard of. I hope I get some jam if you get to make any.
...and you went to the ocean without me???? sniffle..sniffle..
Yeah, you've been busy.
And I can't even find time to keep up on my blog readin'.....
How do you do it?
And, what is the Christian alternative to yoga???
Barb, I'm sorry!!!
Corie, Christian alternative to yoga...um, I dunno. lol praisemoves.com I think is the web address for the videos my friend got. I really liked it.
Post a Comment