Friday, November 14, 2008

Recipe Swap

I found a recipe on recipezaar.com that we've come to love. I've just adapted it to what we enjoy. My sister was needing a recipe for dinner a couple of weeks ago and didn't want to go shopping. So, I told her how to make this and most of the ingredients are usually "on hand" so she didn't have to go to the store.

She calls a few hours later saying her picky eater husband loved it and so did her kids, yay!

BBQ Hamburger over Mashed Potatoes

1 lb of hamburger
1 onion-diced
green or red bell pepper-diced
couple cloves of garlic-minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of bbq sauce
1 cup or so of cheddar cheese-grated
3 or 4 potatoes to make mashed potatoes or make instant mashed potatoes
*all the veggies are optional

Brown the hamburger with the vegetables.
While hamburger is cooking make the mashed potatoes.
After hamburger is browned add the bbq sauce.
Scoop some mashed potatoes onto plates, make a well in the middle and spoon some of the bbq beef mix into the middle. Top with cheese.

Mmmm.

We eat this once a week now and my husband loooves it. And I love that I always have these ingredients on hand in case I haven't decided what's for dinner. I can always pull this recipe out!

Head over to Gayle's for more yummy recipes!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: