Monday, December 15, 2008

Freezing my Assets

It's official.

Winter is here.

And all I can think about is Summer. Shorts, tank tops, flips and a sunset at 9 pm.

I've never enjoyed winter and I've never enjoyed being cold. I don't like snow, except to look at it. I hate being in it, hate driving in it.

My sister lived in Montana for three years (thankfully she's back in the valley) she told me last night that she checked Butte's forecast. A low of -37 and a high of -6. Um, no thanks.

The wind is blowing like crazy. It's miserable outside.

All I can think about is how my husband works outdoors, his boots have holes and cracks in them and his 2009 Kenworth that he drives...well, the heater doesn't blow on his feet. He tells me this morning, "I'll be fine, really. It's not that big of a deal."

He's amazing.

So, while he's out there freezing his assets, I'm stoking the fire and thinking of ways I can bless him when he comes home.

Any ideas? Well, besides the obvious... ;)

6 comments:

Patzke's said...

Have a nice dinner for him. Maybe rub his feet tonight also.

Never "Society" Norm said...

Don't know if Josh likes baths like Tony does, but if he does...Have a nice hot tub of water ready with some lavendar (a relax herb), and his favorite beer, coffee or whatever on a stand by the tub. Ya, kinda sounds like something for us girls, but my husband LOVES this!
Have fun spoiling him!
Love,
Mary

Corie said...

A special seat by the fire and a cup of hot cocoa... mmmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Caleb says "the obvious is a good idea..." ;)

He also suggested giving Josh a little down time when he gets home. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes where he can go someplace quiet by himself with a cup of hot coffee/hot chocolate or plate of warm nachos and just relax.

javamamma said...

You and the girls snuggle him up real good by the fire. I know My Beloved loves being dogpiled by his princesses!

And then get to 'the obvious' a little later. ;)

Growin' With It said...

what meeting him wrapped only in tinsel isn't enough! ☺ is it possible to join him for a little while in his kenworth? not sure what he does, but a sitter and time with him on the job sounds encouraging?