These were from last night.
Jaylee in the back. Josh and I are talking. She's interrupting.
"Daddy?"
"Dad?"
"Joshua?!"
And we busted up. Yes, she was naughty, but the "Joshua" part killed me.
*******************************************
Between Josh and me...
Him: "You're handling cold really well this year, I'm proud of you. You must be accumulating to it."
Me:
Him: "I said the wrong word, huh?"
*********************************************
In the Starbucks drive thru...Josh is ordering. The girl sounds quite flirtatious. He's playing it up. I'm laughing at him.
We get to the window....
Barista, with flirty smile and perky, never-nursed-a-baby-boobs: "Good evening! $4.44, please!"
Josh pays her. She continues to smile. Takes his money, closes her window, we're cracking up.
Barista comes back, hands Josh the drink.
Josh, nodding my direction: "This is my sister."
Me, completely dying, needing to come up with something quick to pay him back!: "Yes, and these are our children."
*******************************************
We were laughing so hard. Mainly because Josh didn't get my meaning behind the "these are our kids." Until he realized he'd called me his sister. Uh huh. Loved it.
And my coffee.
5 comments:
..."perky, never-nursed-a-baby-boobs"...
um, yeah, what are those? i forgot.
LOL
Hilarious!
Loved all the lil stories. Especially the last one.
Classic.
Oooh, you've given me a craving for Starbucks. The one in our town just closed! Can you believe that... CLOSED?!?!
I don't know how I will ever deal with my grief.
PAWL! Thats so great
LOVE the Barista scenario!! Wonder if the "never-nursed-a-baby-boobs" gal got it??
Post a Comment