I've been trying to think of ways to say what I'm about to say in a way that wouldn't make me sound like a total addict but basically there's no gettin' around it.
No, I'm not talking about coffee, even though I'm addicted to it.
Or chocolate, which seems to be addicted to my thighs...
I'm talking about my internet time.
I've gotten rid of the internet a couple of times. I can mentally see some of you nodding your heads. But getting rid of it is sad. And I don't think that if I got rid of it and then got it back that they'd give it to me for the $4.95 they have my rate at now.
There's an obvious lack of discipline on my part. I know. It's embarrassing. But this black box people, is my outlet to the world! It's my way of talking to people over the age of 3. Women who understand me! Or at least pretend to...
Yesterday I decided that I'd ask Josh to put a password on the computer, so that I can't use it all day. If I get up early in the morning (like now) I can be on or after he's home from work. He just kinda looked at me. We discussed that it'd give me some down time after he's home from work to be online, email, blog, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter...all those things that consume me during the day.
I hate that about me. That I can't just be on and be done. I have to be on to check this and that and then this and that, again and again...um and again. You just never know, someone might have commented! or sent me an email! or twittered! You just never know!!!
Anywho. There it is.
I'm an online junkie.
Who will now only get her fix in the wee hours of the morning if she can pull her lazy bones outta bed or in the evening.
7 comments:
i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?! or at least i won't admit it!
SOOOO TRUE for this mama. and i've had to set up boundaries too. kinda scary when the kids come up and talk to me and i can't remember what they said. umm, not that it has happened to me or anything!
Good job you and your BGPs!
Yep! if I asked my husband that, he would look at me and say, just don't get on it if you don't want to. He has it worked out in his head so much easier than me.
Is he right, yes! Am I happier when I go on vacation and get a break from this "black Box" heck yes, do I go back to it like a sick drug...I'm here aren't I?
Faith
What a great blog! I will be back. I can relate to many of your posts.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Yeah, join the club. Sometimes I get nothing done cuz I'm checking stuff so often.
I totally relate!
Ok, you about gave me a heart attack.... I thought for a second that you were going to go internet-less again. You CAN'T! I missed your blog so much last time.... and who will help fuel my internet addiction?!?!?!
Post a Comment