Monday, March 09, 2009

The Bucket

A couple of weeks ago my status on Facebook was set to something along the lines of "I just made the best eBay purchase, ever."

I don't think those were my exact words. But closeastinkinnough.

Before I show you the purchase I have to tell the story first otherwise you'll wonder why the heck I'd buy these things.

Most of you know about my mom, two sisters and me living in a fifth wheel back when I was 12. Or was I 13? Either way...we lived in a fifth wheel. Not a fancy shmancy one that had heat and plumbing and all that. This was basically four dark paneled walls and a roof. There was a bathroom with a mirror, sink and toilet.

The mirror was the only thing that worked.

So, to um, use the facilities, we got pretty creative and used a bucket.

Not just any bucket.

A McDonald's Happy Meal Halloween Bucket!

As a joke for my mom and sisters I thought it would be hilarious to buy them a bucket. I looked on eBay and found a set of 6 of them. At my grandma's birthday party a couple of weeks ago I told my mom and Erica and Megan to come out to the van with me. I gave Josh the camera. Told the girls to turn around, close their eyes and hold out a hand.

Megan was freaking out about what I'd be placing in her hand.

They played along. I placed a handle in each of their hands and told them to open their eyes.


I think they liked 'em. What do you think?

5 comments:

Natalie said...

You are too funny!! Looks like they loved the buckets!

Sara@iSass said...

That is really really funny.
Not the part that ya'll lived in a 5th wheel and only the mirror worked but they your family made the best of a situation and now ya'll have magic buckets.
Buckets that make you laugh and pull together.
Great story, thank you for sharing Sarah.

Maria said...

Your memories are precious!

Growin' With It said...

were they full? bwhahah.

Corie said...

So funny!
Love it. And, from the looks of the pics, they did too!!!