Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Loved

Do you have anyone in your life whose handwriting you'd know just by seeing it? Handwriting that makes you smile?

I do. I went to school with a girl whose handwriting stood out from everyone. Her handwriting made such an impression on me that I tried copying it for awhile. I have handwritten stuff from high school in my basement to prove it. =)

While I haven't seen her handwriting in over 10 years, today when I opened my mailbox sat a small envelope with familiar handwriting.
Natalie knows that this week I'm going without coffee as a way to try and save for my laptop. She also knows how much I love my coffee. With this sweet card was a gift card to Starbucks. I walked up my driveway in tears. My heart swelled. My day made.


Thank you, Natalie. I love you, sweet friend.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Love you too!

Darn, I was trying to be sneaky but it was my handwriting that gave me away?!?

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful! Gotta appreciate any friend who gives the gift of coffee :)

P.S. I understand about your crabby day since it was my turn to have that day yesterday!

javamamma said...

What an amazing friend! By her pic on her comment - she's beautiful too!

Sarah said...

Javamamma...she is beautiful!!!

Sara@iSass said...

That is SO sweet. I love hearing about random acts of kindness. With the week I've had this makes my heart smile!
Yes, I love handwriting too, I'm just not fond of my own.

Maria said...

More than anything.. I like being that kind of friend.. you are blessed!

Keely said...

This is such a sweet post, I just bought a card that I am sending to my sweet friend who just had a miscarriage :( I hope she see's my handwritting and feels as loved as you are!

(Today was my crabby day, I heard one of my girls say as she was leaving group "man all the adults are cranky today" that actually made me laugh!)

Miriam said...

How fun is THAT!! Lemme guess - you want a laptop so you can take it OTR? :) You'll love it :) And I gave you an award over on my blog.

Growin' With It said...

now that's a true and sweet friend that supports you in your decision and also gives you hope for the end!!